President Bush’s iPod: 250 Songs, Downloaded by Others | iLounge News

President Bush’s iPod: 250 Songs, Downloaded by Others

In an unusually detailed look at the music collection of a sitting President, The New York Times’ Elisabeth Bumiller reports that the “First iPod” has become the “indispensible new exercise toy” of George W. Bush, and is “loaded with country and popular rock tunes”, “heavy on traditional country singers like George Jones, Alan Jackson and Kenny Chesney.” Received from his daughters as a birthday gift in July 2004, the iPod contains only 250 songs, and is used “chiefly during bike workouts to help him pump up his heartbeat, which he monitors with a wrist strap.”

Most interestingly, The Times reports that Bush “does not take the time to download the music himself;” rather, he has had his personal aide buy songs from the iTunes Music Store, and “also has an eclectic mix of songs downloaded into his iPod from Mark McKinnon, a biking buddy and his chief media strategist during the 2004 campaign.”

This item now closed to comments

« Mix: Switch, Time 100, iPod graphics, iPod shuffle utility

Site updates continuing, comments welcomed »

Comments

Um, that article admits that 100,000 is a reach, and that every other independent study says that is way less (more like 16 or 17,000).

That’s ok though, the question is who is the worst terrorist, and to compare two things, you need to have a set of information for each.  Let’s go with your bogus 100,000 civillian kills for Bush (which is, by a ton, the largest estimate out there), and let’s compare to the lowest estimate I have seen for how many Saddam killed, 300,000 (reports have him somewhere between 300,000 and 1,000,000, but we are giving him—and you—the benefit of the doubt).

Now, I ask again, is Bush the “worst terrorist”, even with your crappy bogus math?

Coherent, yes.  Well-researched, no.

Posted by mrn121 in Fairfax, VA on April 11, 2005 at 11:26 AM (CDT)

Well, at least I can keep criticizing him.

But for those of us who are no longer allowed to criticize his intelligence, can we still criticize his horrid tastes in music? I mean, wasn’t it Alan Jackson who did that horrid “Where were you when the world stopped turning?” song?

Posted by mattwardfh in Texas on April 11, 2005 at 11:45 AM (CDT)

That song does suck, I will give you that.  I didn’t see that song mentioned specifically, nor do I know any other Alan Jackson songs, but assuming that they are all that bad… Yikes!

Posted by mrn121 in Fairfax, VA on April 11, 2005 at 11:58 AM (CDT)

Yes indeed, my math does seem to be lacking doesn’t it. But lets take into consideration some other figures you seem to have forgotten about.

1. Saddam ruled Iraq from 1979 - 2003. Lets say we give you the benefit of the doubt this time and estimate 1 million Iraqis died during this period. That equates to approx 44000 per annum.

2. US occupation (approx. 2 yrs). 100,000 civilian deaths during this period. That equates to 50,000 per annum.

Now we are comparing apples with apples. Puts it into perspective doesn’t it?

Regardless of whether the figure is 100,000 or not, if the death count was “only” 16000 or 17000, would that make it OK? Would 1000 even be OK?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no fan of Saddam. The guy’s an ***hole. But don’t you find it somewhat ironic that the Bush administration continuosly spew out rhetoric about peace and liberty, yet his actions are responsible for the deaths of so many people.

Posted by King Kong Pumpkin in Australia on April 11, 2005 at 12:13 PM (CDT)

you win, i’m an elitist asshole liberal now.  thanks for informing me.

Posted by mrn121 in Fairfax, VA on April 11, 2005 at 12:32 PM (CDT)

omg, shut up people, this has nothing to do with IPODS!  Go somewhere else with your useless trolling political banter that no one wants to hear.  For some of us, the ipod is a way to GET AWAY from all of you and your ego-centric opinions.

(ipodlounge, you HAD to know where this article was going to go, shame on you guys)

Posted by apple juice in USA on April 11, 2005 at 1:00 PM (CDT)

now my ipod feels dirty…
but hand it to apple.. if BUSH can use it, it IS simple to use!

Posted by the1bigboy in Belfast on April 11, 2005 at 1:04 PM (CDT)

And now for something completely different:

It’s interesting to see how everyone tries to blame other people and place some sort of guilt on people and their actions.
Bush-haters go for Bush and his Iraq-war, Saddam-haters go for Saddam and his killing of Kurds, other users go for iPodlounge because they didn’t foresee a discussion about politics from some of their less mature users. Wow?

Posted by WarCow on April 11, 2005 at 1:24 PM (CDT)

Quote:
“The 1% of the population that doesn’t think Bush is stupid has spoken.”

LOL! Try 52% of the U.S. that voted him into office.

Posted by Bearsfan in ...is everything. on April 11, 2005 at 3:52 PM (CDT)

Just to be clear, I got a 1600 on my SAT and I can vouch for it:

Bush is an idiot.

Posted by jesuscandle on April 11, 2005 at 3:53 PM (CDT)

It kinda makes One wonder what ‘Ol Billy C.’ would be doing his iPod/iRiver whatever!

Come to think about it I would guess it’s a good thing that the iPod doesn’t have a ‘Vibration Alarm’... :)

Posted by Ichijoe in Deutschland on April 11, 2005 at 4:54 PM (CDT)

:opps: I goofed that should’ve read;

It kind of makes One wonder about what ‘Ol Billy C.’ would be doing with his iPod/iRiver or whatever!!

Come to think more about it, I’d guess it was a good thing that the iPod doesn’t come with a ‘Vibration Alarm’... :)

Posted by Ichijoe in Deutschland on April 11, 2005 at 4:59 PM (CDT)

My 5 year old godson can operate an iPod and load music from iTunes… Bush is really a moron. He probably couldn’t even operate a Shuffle.

Posted by FallN in New York, NY on April 11, 2005 at 5:06 PM (CDT)

OMFG BUSH IS 2 DUM 2 USE iPoD!!!!!1111

LOL!! ROFL!!! LMAO!!1 OMGWTFBBQ~~~~

Posted by mrn121 in Fairfax, VA on April 11, 2005 at 5:18 PM (CDT)

mrn121 - If you wanted to get back to the topic of iPods, and keep the topic of politics in the appropriate forum (as stated in your first post on this topic), why do you keep continue to bring up political debate here? Perhaps even encouraging a “flame war”, as judging from your last post?

Posted by rockthecasbah on April 11, 2005 at 5:46 PM (CDT)

continuing*

Posted by rockthecasbah on April 11, 2005 at 5:48 PM (CDT)

No surprise that Duhbya can’t use it properly, he should learn to read first!

Posted by pakkman781 in TN on April 11, 2005 at 5:54 PM (CDT)

Alright, alright, alright.

Snappy, I’m sure glad you jumped to the conclusion that Bush is stealing music. To think that “many” of his other songs came from CD’s….that could never cross anyone’s mind.

pakkman…I think I missed the part where the article said Bush couldn’t use the iPod, could you tell me where it said that?

As for all the people saying that its “Bush’s war”, don’t forget that the democratic nominee also voted to go to war against Iraq.

So in conclusion, everyone stop complaining about Bush. He’s going to be here for a little less than “four more years” and complaining about him isn’t going to make those years go by any faster.

Now I am curious to know what is on Kerry’s iPod.

Posted by jTizzle on April 11, 2005 at 7:42 PM (CDT)

Famous quotes by mrn121,

“Tomorrow’s lesson: How to formulate a coherent argument.”

“you win, i’m an elitist asshole liberal now.  thanks for informing me.”

“LOL!! ROFL!!! LMAO!!1 OMGWTFBBQ~~~~”

I’ll leave it at that.

Posted by King Kong Pumpkin in Australia on April 11, 2005 at 9:10 PM (CDT)

President Bush is among the greatest presidents our country has ever had.  I am proud of him and delighted he is a fellow iPoder.

Posted by Obadiah on April 11, 2005 at 9:11 PM (CDT)

Page 2 of 4 pages  < 1 2 3 4 >