Protection poll ends, 2011 product poll begins
With nearly 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Do you use a case or body film with your iPod or iPhone?”—has ended. Readers had their choice of three “yes” responses with different motivations—because they want to change its looks, because they want to protect it, and for both prior reasons—as well as three negative response options, again with different reasoning—because they don’t want to obscure its looks, don’t think it needs protection, or for both reasons equally.
Unsurprisingly, a vast majority of readers—85 percent—said they use a case or body film on their iPod or iPhone. Of those, 79 percent said they used a case or body film because they want to protect the device, followed by 19 percent who said they did so for protective and visual reasons equally, and four percent said they did so mostly to change the device’s looks. Among the 15 percent of readers who said they don’t use a case or body film, 46 percent said they choose not to because the device doesn’t need protection and should be left to shine on its own, followed by 39 percent who said they don’t want to obscure the device’s looks, and 15 percent who said they don’t use a case or film because they don’t feel their device needs protection. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s 2011 product lineup. We’d like to know which potential 2011 Apple product you’re most excited about. Is it the second-generation iPad? The fifth-generation iPhone? iOS 5? Or perhaps the fifth-generation iPod touch, seventh-generation iPod nano, fifth-generation iPod shuffle, or third-generation Apple TV? Or is it some other, unknown product? Our new poll, “Which potential 2011 Apple product are you most excited about?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)