Protection poll ends, 2011 product poll begins
With nearly 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Do you use a case or body film with your iPod or iPhone?”—has ended. Readers had their choice of three “yes” responses with different motivations—because they want to change its looks, because they want to protect it, and for both prior reasons—as well as three negative response options, again with different reasoning—because they don’t want to obscure its looks, don’t think it needs protection, or for both reasons equally.
Unsurprisingly, a vast majority of readers—85 percent—said they use a case or body film on their iPod or iPhone. Of those, 79 percent said they used a case or body film because they want to protect the device, followed by 19 percent who said they did so for protective and visual reasons equally, and four percent said they did so mostly to change the device’s looks. Among the 15 percent of readers who said they don’t use a case or body film, 46 percent said they choose not to because the device doesn’t need protection and should be left to shine on its own, followed by 39 percent who said they don’t want to obscure the device’s looks, and 15 percent who said they don’t use a case or film because they don’t feel their device needs protection. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s 2011 product lineup. We’d like to know which potential 2011 Apple product you’re most excited about. Is it the second-generation iPad? The fifth-generation iPhone? iOS 5? Or perhaps the fifth-generation iPod touch, seventh-generation iPod nano, fifth-generation iPod shuffle, or third-generation Apple TV? Or is it some other, unknown product? Our new poll, “Which potential 2011 Apple product are you most excited about?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Report: iPhone 7 will include Lightning adapter instead of Lightning EarPods
- Edward Snowden designing device to prevent iPhone wiretapping
- Report: Apple Car team running into challenges, launch may slip to 2021
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 5
- Apple under fire for providing refurbished replacements under AppleCare+
- Report: Apple acquires cloud music provider Omnifone? [Update: No]
- Apple releases second iOS 10 public beta
- India clears the way for Apple to open retail stores
- Apple Pay launches in Hong Kong
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Incase Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app