Protection poll ends, 2011 product poll begins
With nearly 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Do you use a case or body film with your iPod or iPhone?”—has ended. Readers had their choice of three “yes” responses with different motivations—because they want to change its looks, because they want to protect it, and for both prior reasons—as well as three negative response options, again with different reasoning—because they don’t want to obscure its looks, don’t think it needs protection, or for both reasons equally.
Unsurprisingly, a vast majority of readers—85 percent—said they use a case or body film on their iPod or iPhone. Of those, 79 percent said they used a case or body film because they want to protect the device, followed by 19 percent who said they did so for protective and visual reasons equally, and four percent said they did so mostly to change the device’s looks. Among the 15 percent of readers who said they don’t use a case or body film, 46 percent said they choose not to because the device doesn’t need protection and should be left to shine on its own, followed by 39 percent who said they don’t want to obscure the device’s looks, and 15 percent who said they don’t use a case or film because they don’t feel their device needs protection. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s 2011 product lineup. We’d like to know which potential 2011 Apple product you’re most excited about. Is it the second-generation iPad? The fifth-generation iPhone? iOS 5? Or perhaps the fifth-generation iPod touch, seventh-generation iPod nano, fifth-generation iPod shuffle, or third-generation Apple TV? Or is it some other, unknown product? Our new poll, “Which potential 2011 Apple product are you most excited about?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple lacks lobbying power in fight with EU
- Apple to offer ‘Spoken Editions’ of written content from top publishers
- Apple working to turn HealthKit into diagnosis tool
- Hackers expose security flaw in iOS 10’s local backups
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- Apple acquires machine learning company Tuplejump
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 public beta
- iOS 10.1 beta adds ‘Portrait’ Depth of Field effect
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Kanex GoPower Watch Portable Battery for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps