Protection poll ends, 2011 product poll begins
With nearly 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Do you use a case or body film with your iPod or iPhone?”—has ended. Readers had their choice of three “yes” responses with different motivations—because they want to change its looks, because they want to protect it, and for both prior reasons—as well as three negative response options, again with different reasoning—because they don’t want to obscure its looks, don’t think it needs protection, or for both reasons equally.
Unsurprisingly, a vast majority of readers—85 percent—said they use a case or body film on their iPod or iPhone. Of those, 79 percent said they used a case or body film because they want to protect the device, followed by 19 percent who said they did so for protective and visual reasons equally, and four percent said they did so mostly to change the device’s looks. Among the 15 percent of readers who said they don’t use a case or body film, 46 percent said they choose not to because the device doesn’t need protection and should be left to shine on its own, followed by 39 percent who said they don’t want to obscure the device’s looks, and 15 percent who said they don’t use a case or film because they don’t feel their device needs protection. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s 2011 product lineup. We’d like to know which potential 2011 Apple product you’re most excited about. Is it the second-generation iPad? The fifth-generation iPhone? iOS 5? Or perhaps the fifth-generation iPod touch, seventh-generation iPod nano, fifth-generation iPod shuffle, or third-generation Apple TV? Or is it some other, unknown product? Our new poll, “Which potential 2011 Apple product are you most excited about?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Report: AirPods delay due to problems with wireless audio synchronization
- Apple offering hands-on demos of Super Mario Run in stores
- Report: Apple pursuing studio agreements for early movie rentals
- Apple releases seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple makes its picks for best iPhone, iPad and Apple TV apps of 2016
- Apple acknowledges Apple Music now includes ‘all the benefits of iTunes Match’
- Apple Music tops 20 million subscribers
- Apple blames ‘external factors’ for iPhone fires in China
- Rumor: 2017 iPhones won’t include glass chassis or wireless charging; will add red color
- Top Apple supplier Foxconn planning U.S. investment
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10