Proview seeking export ban on iPad in China
As Chinese authorities in two towns have started seizing iPads from local retailers, China-based Proview is now seeking an import ban on the device. Citing various Chinese-language news reports as well as Proview attorney Ma Dongxiao, the New York Times reports that the confiscated iPads are under “temporary impoundment” from retailers in Xuzhou and Shijiazhuang. According to the report, Proview has asked authorities in more than 20 cities to investigate whether iPads were being sold following a December court ruling that dismissed Apple’s claim to the iPad name in China. In addition, Proview has made a filing with the General Administration of Customs in China seeking to block the export of iPads from the country should Proview’s trademark claims be upheld. Such a move could be devastating to Apple, as the vast majority—if not all—of its iPads are built in China; however, the report suggests that the confiscations and filing are “warnings” of the consequences Apple could face should it decide not to settle the trademark dispute.
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple acknowledges iPad Pro charging problem, doesn’t have fix yet
- App Store rules may limit number of iPad Pro-specific apps
- Apple releases iOS 9.2 beta 4, tvOS 9.1 beta 3
- Some users report iPad Pro unresponsive after long charge, requiring restart
- Cook: Apple won’t make ‘converged’ Mac and iPad
- Apple’s Eddy Cue shares his hopes for Apple News
- Report: Apple testing dual front cameras, wireless charging, and more in iPhone 7 prototypes
- Apple expands Personal Pickup to 6 more EU countries
- Apple Music coming to Sonos Dec. 15 through public beta program
- Apple to drop headphone jack from next iPhone?
- Amazon Instant Video app could hit Apple TV ‘within a few weeks’
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- Grid Connect ConnectSense Smart Outlet
- iDevices Switch HomeKit and Wi-Fi enabled plug
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Pro
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?