Purported iPhone 5 case, iPhone 4S pics appear
New photos claiming to show a silicone case for the next-generation iPhone and a lighter, cheaper iPhone 4 prototype have appeared online. 9 to 5 Mac reports that the case photos point to complete redesign for Apple’s next-generation handset, with a thinner profile than the iPhone 4, and a slightly curved back reminiscent of the fourth-generation iPod touch. Notably, the case photos match a similar purported iPhone 5 case photo sent to iLounge by an OEM manufacturer earlier this week.
A separate batch of photos posted to the Vietnam-based site Tinhte supposedly depict a prototype iPhone 4 built with different materials as a cost-cutting measure. AppleInsider reports that the original poster claims the photos are from a “very reliable source,” and that the device depicted looks “Exactly” like the white iPhone 4, despite having its front and back glass panels “replaced by two plastic sheets.” The model number and other identification numbers on the rear of the device are X’ed out—common in prototype units—but the lone photo of the front of the device shows it to be jailbroken, and provides no clue as to what OS might be running on the device.
Notably, Cult of Mac claims that the device in the latter group of pictures is simply a standard iPhone 4 with a “poor quality white iPhone 4 conversion kit” installed.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?