Purported next-gen iPhone battery appears online
Photos showing a purported next-generation iPhone battery unit have appeared online. 9to5Mac reports that the photos, which came from a reliable parts source, show new iPhone battery packs with a slightly higher capacity than past cells. The new battery sports a 1440 mAh capacity, up from 1430 mAh in the iPhone 4S and 1420 mAh in the iPhone 4. The voltage is also up, rising to 3.8 from 3.7 in the two prior units, and the watts-per-hour measurement has also increased to 5.45, from 5.3 on the iPhone 4S and 5.25 on the iPhone 4. Based on the labeling, it appears the battery was manufactured in June 2012. The lack of a significantly higher capacity battery suggests that Apple has either selected very efficient, newer LTE-capable chips for the next-generation iPhone in an effort to keep battery life comparable to that of the iPhone 4S, or that battery life will drop from the prior model. Apple is expected to announce the next-generation iPhone at a special media event on September 12.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?