Puzzle MMORPG Aurora Feint II shown for iPhone, iPod touch
Now operating under the corporate name Aurora Feint Inc., developers Danielle Cassley and Jason Citron have unveiled Aurora Feint II: The Arena for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on the original RPG-slash-block-matching game Aurora Feint: The Beginning, the new game is described as an asynchronous massively multi-player RPG, which promises to let users play against “ghosts” of other players that persist in the game even when the ghost’s player is not actually using his/her device. According to the company, playing against a ghost is “exactly” like playing in real-time against a real player, with real-time interaction between challenger and ghost. Other new features in the game include a world newsfeed, which is a continuous stream of real-time events happening in the game that appears as a ticker on the bottom of the screen. Tapping on an event in the ticker takes the player to an area called the Tavern, where players can conduct “asynchronous” chat with other players in the world, propose duels, share strategies and compete for leader board rankings. Each player will also get a wall where other players can leave comments and challenges and suggestions, which in turn become events in the Tavern.
In addition, the game offers all the functionality of the company’s first title, Aurora Feint: The Beginning, including characters, role playing, and skill-based progression in a single player environment. The Arena will be the second in a series of three products the company intends to build around the theme of Aurora Feint, a girl whose coma takes her through a dream world and series of casual puzzle based challenges aided by player characters. Aurora Feint II: The Arena will initially be priced at $8, going up to $10 after the holidays, and is expected to be available on the App Store on Friday, pending Apple’s update schedule.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?