Pyrim releases white Rock Docks and Micro Rock Dock | iLounge News

Pyrim releases white Rock Docks and Micro Rock Dock

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Monday, October 25, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

picPyrim Technologies has added a white Rock Dock to it’s lineup after initial market feedback. “Pyrim adds White Stone, a pure white stone-like material, to its Rock Dock materials option.  It also adds the Micro Rock to its line of Rock Dock products.  Like the other Rock Docks, the Micro is available in six stone finishes.  The Micro retails for $29.99.”

« MacSkinz releases limited artist series PodSkinz

Merrill Lynch expects photo, flash iPods early 2005 »

Comments

Still 0 point to this product!

Posted by diddy on October 25, 2004 at 9:49 AM (PDT)

Great improvement, although it is still horrible.

Posted by M Bargo in Chicago, IL on October 25, 2004 at 11:08 AM (PDT)

like im really gonna need that
their iTrac case is way over priced

Posted by ePod on October 25, 2004 at 2:19 PM (PDT)

The Mini Dock doesn’t look bad and I like the way it tilts it up but it would be better if it actually docked the pod and provided a line out jack.

One thing you guys aren’t giving them credit for is that they actually are paying attention to the consumer. Very few businesses do that.

Posted by Scot on October 25, 2004 at 3:21 PM (PDT)

Until the iPod can be docked for charging and line out audio, I fail to see a use for this product.  As I stated when the rocks were introduced, why not just use Apples dock?  Keep trying guys, add some power and line out, and you might sell a few.

Posted by dawntreader on October 25, 2004 at 4:50 PM (PDT)

who is buying this stuff???

Posted by Bababooey on October 26, 2004 at 2:00 AM (PDT)

Thanks Scot for the positive words and recognizing that we’re trying to listen. Thanks too for the recommendations—we can respond to actionable suggestions and will investigate if there’s a way to integrate line/audio out.

Dawntreader, if you’re comfortable using your firewire/USB cable, I think you’ll find that our Micro dock is pretty useful sync’ing or charging solution.  It’s also less expensive than the Apple dock.

Here’s some background on how I use the product.  If it’s useful, great.  If not then take it for what it cost you:)

I own several Apple cradles and use them throughout my house to connect my iPod to my different receivers, but I use our stand at my desk. I don’t use a line out since I use my computer to listen to music.  I connect my USB cable to charge & sync.  I used to use an Apple dock at my desk but it didn’t work well for me because I sometimes hold my iPod after syncing to make sure I got everything or to modify settings.  With the Apple stand, I had to either disconnect or pick up the stand.  With our stand, it’s easier to pick up and set down the iPod since it’s aways connected to a cable.

Thanks again to those of you who make suggestions that we can use to build a better product.

Posted by The Inventor on October 26, 2004 at 4:41 AM (PDT)