Pyrim Technologies releases Rock Docks | iLounge News

Pyrim Technologies releases Rock Docks

picPyrim Technologies, Inc. has released the the Rock Docks line of “stone” desktop organizers for the Apple iPod. The Rock Docks are available in three configurations; Rock Dock - CD Holder, Rock Dock - Picture Frame and Rock Dock - Dual Cavity, and come in five faux stone finishes; Granite, Red Granite, Quartz, Sandstone and Limestone. Prices for the Rock Docks range from $69.99 to $79.99.

« UK leads Europe in iPod sales

New iRip CD-to-iPod ripping service launched »

Comments

looks crap, the kind of tack only americans would buy!

Posted by diddly on October 18, 2004 at 7:57 AM (PDT)

That’s ugly even in office standards.

Posted by Serge on October 18, 2004 at 8:02 AM (PDT)

That is horrid. Who would ever buy that? I mean come on, wouldnt you realize how ugly that is if your the designer? I would never buy that

Posted by Carson on October 18, 2004 at 8:04 AM (PDT)

wow.  um…...no thanks.

Posted by Jeremy on October 18, 2004 at 8:05 AM (PDT)

Corporate greed = exploitative crap.

Silly and pointless.  iPods, while stylish, are NOT furniture or a furnishing.

Posted by mflat5 in USA on October 18, 2004 at 8:07 AM (PDT)

i have never seen such disappointing design / idea in my life.  it’s absolutely horrible.  to all the companies out there….  the ipod looks good and it’s simple!!  make your products remotely the same!!  it’s not that hard.

Posted by en on October 18, 2004 at 8:41 AM (PDT)

what do rocks have to do with ipods??? i see no corelation

Posted by ummm on October 18, 2004 at 8:55 AM (PDT)

That’s classy.

Posted by EM on October 18, 2004 at 8:56 AM (PDT)

This new product looks much nicer in person than the low-res web photo.  I particularly like the gray stones.  I would like to see it in solid white, also.

Posted by CR on October 18, 2004 at 9:05 AM (PDT)

This is just dumb.

Let’s see…I enter my office, unclip my ipod from my belt, take it out of my case, reach across my desk, and insert my ipod in this picture frame “dock” that does nothing but hold it next to a picture of my wonderful family.  It does not charge my battery, it does not provide speakers for the music, it does not network to AirTunes/Airport Express.  It just sits there—like a rock.

If I am lucky my ear bud cord is long enough to reach across my desk so I can listen to music.  Heaven forbid that I have to lean one direction or the other to reach for something for fear of yanking the buds out of my ears.  Hmm…maybe they ought to put a belt clip on the thing.  smile

Posted by notme on October 18, 2004 at 9:21 AM (PDT)

Must be “stupid idea day”. Lump this along with that absurd CD ripping “service”, which I think would be more aptly called the “CD ripoff service”.

Posted by jinzo-ningen on October 18, 2004 at 9:47 AM (PDT)

“looks crap, the kind of tack only americans would buy!”

Perhaps there was some intent of tongue-in-cheekness, but you gotta realize there are tacky folks the world over. Okay, so maybe more so here and in Canada, but still…

Posted by Agent Orange on October 18, 2004 at 12:06 PM (PDT)

ai yi yi ... that’s not just ugly, that’s FUGLY.

Good job, Pyrim.

Posted by eben on October 18, 2004 at 12:18 PM (PDT)

These things are so useless. What purpose does this serve?

Posted by Ferrari on October 18, 2004 at 12:35 PM (PDT)

I think this thing looks pretty good.  I usually bring have to put my ipod on top of my CPU in the office and end up leaving it behind many nights.  This looks more interesting than the regular dock.

Posted by fetter on October 18, 2004 at 12:44 PM (PDT)

“Looks Crap”? Sounds like the broken english used by so many American wantabes.

Posted by Norman on October 18, 2004 at 12:47 PM (PDT)

I think it’s classy.  I would put it next to my computer and plug in to my music at work.  I like the CD holder…I’m always burning discs and need a place to keep them.  It looks very functional.  I would keep my paper clips and keys in the trays. Good idea.

Posted by LN on October 18, 2004 at 12:49 PM (PDT)

Oh yeah, and that Dual Cavity configuration is perfect for holding chips and dip!

Posted by ilovecrap on October 18, 2004 at 1:59 PM (PDT)

Jeez, for $70 I’d rather buy a Vaja case than this dust collector.

Posted by Rock Docks Not on October 18, 2004 at 2:06 PM (PDT)

nope - tacky ‘folks’ are definately a US specialism. you do it so much better and bigger than anyone else wink

Posted by rt on October 18, 2004 at 2:50 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >