Quest for the Best iPhone App Contest - CLOSED
Published: Monday, June 23, 2008
Site News Categories:
On July 11, the iPhone and iPod touch will evolve into pocket computers, officially gaining the ability to run downloadable applications distributed through Apple's App Store and iTunes Store. Hundreds of applications -- games, business/productivity applications, and others -- are in development, and iPhone users want to know which are worthy of their immediate attention. Today, iLounge and Bowers & Wilkins are announcing the Quest for the Best iPhone App Contest, a chance for official iPhone developers to receive the attention they deserve, and win one of three amazing B&W Zeppelin speaker systems.
From today through the end of July 23, iPhone developers are invited to submit screenshots and details of their App Store-ready applications to our Application Gallery, which will highlight as much new iPhone software as possible. Each Application will receive its own page in the Gallery, helping readers to learn about your product's features. Then, on July 25, our editors will announce the top three applications from the pool of submissions, awarding each winning application a Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin ($599) -- a beautiful premium speaker system -- plus a $100 Apple Store Gift Card. Only App Store-published applications, available to the public as of July 25, are eligible to win prizes.
One winner will be picked from each of three categories: Games, Business/Professional, and Just Plain Cool. We may use the "Just Plain Cool" category to recognize an especially creative or well-executed program that doesn't fall into one of the other categories, or we might pick a second game or business application that really impresses us.
Best Game: Prize (1) B&W Zeppelin Speaker System + $100 Apple Store Gift Card (Provided by iLounge)
Best Business/Pro App: Prize (1) B&W Zeppelin Speaker System + $100 Apple Store Gift Card (Provided by iLounge)
Best Just Plain Cool App: Prize (1) B&W Zeppelin Speaker System + $100 Apple Store Gift Card (Provided by iLounge)
Here are examples of iPhone web applications previously submitted to our Web App directory: iPhone Web Apps.
|Recent iPhone Apps Contest Entries|
Morocco Game Screen
The Quest for the Best iPhone App begins as of this posting and ends on July 23, 2008 at 11:59PM Pacific Time.
You must submit your company's name, a valid e-mail address, plus city, state, country, and pricing with each entry. No exceptions.
No purchase is necessary to enter.
Entries will be judged by iLounge. Do not enter if you can’t stand losing, and don’t disparage the winners.
Jailbroken applications are not eligible to win prizes. Only applications developed with the iPhone SDK and available through the App Store by the time of contest judging are welcome.
Winners will be announced on July 25, 2008.
You may submit as many entries as you want.
This contest is open to U.S. and international residents. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
Must be 18 years or older to enter.
Void where prohibited.
By submitting, you agree that all art, photographs, and private information you submit are entirely yours at the time of submission, and that iLounge has an irrevocable, fully paid up license to use the art and photographs for the purposes of promoting this contest and iLounge.
Associates, employees, principals, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other rights, related to such giveaways, you may have in any jurisdiction.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- iPhone 6 metal mockups spotted at electronics show
- Alpine Electronics announces aftermarket CarPlay products
- Apps: A&E/History 2.0, Ally 3.0, Amazon Cloud Drive Photos 3.0 + Pandora 5.3
- Pioneer officially announces aftermarket CarPlay access
- iWatch: LG to supply flexible displays, September release?
- Alleged iPhone 6 front panel, batteries leaked
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Tavik Hemings for iPad Air
- Spigen SGP GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy for iPhone 5/5c/5s
- Incipio [Performance] Armband for iPhone 5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Brookstone Perfect Drink App-Controlled Smart Bartending
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac