Quest for the Best iPhone App Contest - CLOSED
Published: Monday, June 23, 2008
Site News Categories:
On July 11, the iPhone and iPod touch will evolve into pocket computers, officially gaining the ability to run downloadable applications distributed through Apple's App Store and iTunes Store. Hundreds of applications -- games, business/productivity applications, and others -- are in development, and iPhone users want to know which are worthy of their immediate attention. Today, iLounge and Bowers & Wilkins are announcing the Quest for the Best iPhone App Contest, a chance for official iPhone developers to receive the attention they deserve, and win one of three amazing B&W Zeppelin speaker systems.
From today through the end of July 23, iPhone developers are invited to submit screenshots and details of their App Store-ready applications to our Application Gallery, which will highlight as much new iPhone software as possible. Each Application will receive its own page in the Gallery, helping readers to learn about your product's features. Then, on July 25, our editors will announce the top three applications from the pool of submissions, awarding each winning application a Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin ($599) -- a beautiful premium speaker system -- plus a $100 Apple Store Gift Card. Only App Store-published applications, available to the public as of July 25, are eligible to win prizes.
One winner will be picked from each of three categories: Games, Business/Professional, and Just Plain Cool. We may use the "Just Plain Cool" category to recognize an especially creative or well-executed program that doesn't fall into one of the other categories, or we might pick a second game or business application that really impresses us.
Best Game: Prize (1) B&W Zeppelin Speaker System + $100 Apple Store Gift Card (Provided by iLounge)
Best Business/Pro App: Prize (1) B&W Zeppelin Speaker System + $100 Apple Store Gift Card (Provided by iLounge)
Best Just Plain Cool App: Prize (1) B&W Zeppelin Speaker System + $100 Apple Store Gift Card (Provided by iLounge)
Here are examples of iPhone web applications previously submitted to our Web App directory: iPhone Web Apps.
|Recent iPhone Apps Contest Entries|
Morocco Game Screen
The Quest for the Best iPhone App begins as of this posting and ends on July 23, 2008 at 11:59PM Pacific Time.
You must submit your company's name, a valid e-mail address, plus city, state, country, and pricing with each entry. No exceptions.
No purchase is necessary to enter.
Entries will be judged by iLounge. Do not enter if you can’t stand losing, and don’t disparage the winners.
Jailbroken applications are not eligible to win prizes. Only applications developed with the iPhone SDK and available through the App Store by the time of contest judging are welcome.
Winners will be announced on July 25, 2008.
You may submit as many entries as you want.
This contest is open to U.S. and international residents. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
Must be 18 years or older to enter.
Void where prohibited.
By submitting, you agree that all art, photographs, and private information you submit are entirely yours at the time of submission, and that iLounge has an irrevocable, fully paid up license to use the art and photographs for the purposes of promoting this contest and iLounge.
Associates, employees, principals, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other rights, related to such giveaways, you may have in any jurisdiction.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- Apple releases testimony before CEO’s Senate appearance
- New Apple offers in India can reduce iPhone price
- Report: Apple testing 1.5” OLED displays for iWatch
- Song skipping terms slowing iRadio negotiations
- iLounge Weekly arriving Monday, giveaway reminder
- Report: BBM iOS app won’t support iPad at launch
- Report: iRadio might miss WWDC debut
- Fair Labor Assoc.: Foxconn, Apple still exceed work hours
- CW to bring content to Apple TV
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- OCDesk OCDock for iPhone 5
- Bluelounge MiniDock (With Lightning Connector)
- Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Pro
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address
- Effect of erasing an iPhone on the Find My iPhone feature