RadTech debuts iPodsleevz | iLounge News

RadTech debuts iPodsleevz

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Sunday, September 21, 2003
News Categories: iPod Accessories

pic Christian Heber of i-Pod.de emailed information regarding a new case he discovered while attending Apple Expo Paris. RadTech debuted their new iPodsleevz for iPod. According to the photo, the cases seem to be made of a synthetic suede material and covers the face of the iPod. Christian reports that the touch wheel and buttons are functional while the iPod is in the case. iPodsleevz feature a clear screen protector, access to the top of iPod, and an access hole for the dock connector. iPodsleevz will be sold in a multitude of colors (see photo) for about $18 and are ready to ship. Note: The RadTech website has not yet been updated with iPodsleevz information.

« Terforma releases iSleeve for iPods

iTrips in the UK »

Comments

They look pretty cheap, at least compared to my exo

Posted by Joeysue on September 21, 2003 at 8:10 AM (PDT)

the colors are making me sick…yuck

Posted by Fiddytree on September 21, 2003 at 8:19 AM (PDT)

this is a nice idea, but the way it looks now, it is poor execution

Posted by bb_dg on September 21, 2003 at 9:33 AM (PDT)

yuk

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on September 21, 2003 at 9:42 AM (PDT)

cheep junk

Posted by Phill in Texas on September 21, 2003 at 10:10 AM (PDT)

That looks disgusting.

Posted by Bob on September 21, 2003 at 10:57 AM (PDT)

I have one of these (a review sample). I love it. It protects the iPod from getting scratched without adding bulk, plus it “desensitizes” the overly-sensitive buttons. It looks MUCH better wrapped around your iPod. I’ve been using it every day and it’s my favorite iPod case.

Posted by anonymous on September 21, 2003 at 5:44 PM (PDT)

↑ I think he is a owner or something…
Nobody thinks that this horrible product is awesome!!!!! (Except You!)

Posted by 20GB iPod in Canada on September 21, 2003 at 6:35 PM (PDT)

15GB iPod, the poster above already stated that he owns one of the products. And personally, I think this product would be really great (I would only buy it in white or black though, the current colours are awful!

Posted by cozzir on September 21, 2003 at 10:46 PM (PDT)

I own the screen protector for my Powerbook from Radteck. The material is probably the same which is extremely durable and soft. It’s hard to judge from the photos how it well it will look on your iPod but that’s what everyone said about the maclear case before it came out.

Posted by Bob Gundu on September 22, 2003 at 4:27 AM (PDT)

The dark blue isn’t bad.  I’d certainly want to try it hands-on before purchasing, but seems like a pretty clever option.  No word of belt clips or other attachments, also I’d be concerned about heat; “synthetic suede” doesn’t sound very breathable.

Posted by Michael on September 22, 2003 at 6:49 AM (PDT)

15GB iPod, I’m not the owner, I promise. I’m a reviewer for a Mac magazine. As I stated above, I have a review sample of the iPodSleeve, so my comments are based on using the product.

Posted by anonymous on September 22, 2003 at 8:16 AM (PDT)

I think it’s the perfect thing to keep it from getting scratched.  Would like to see plainer colors (white, black, grey) and more pictures though.

Posted by Albert on September 23, 2003 at 2:58 PM (PDT)

I actually saw these at the paris expo, and believe me, these photos don’t do them justice.  The colors are way better the photos posted here show.  I would have bought one in a heartbeat, but they didn’t have them availabe for the 30 and 40 giggers yet.

Connor

Posted by Coz on September 26, 2003 at 10:31 AM (PDT)

Oh yeah, almost forgot… these sleeve cases fit inside the apple belt clip case.  Actually they seem to make the fit better, the ipod won’t slip out so easily.

Connor

Posted by Coz on September 26, 2003 at 10:36 AM (PDT)