Rage adds iPad 2 optimizations, HDMI output
id Software has released an update to Rage and Rage HD for iOS devices adding optimizations for iOS 4 and the iPad 2 along with HDMI TV output support and more. Released last fall, Rage is a first-person on-rails shooter built on id Software’s powerful Tech 5 game engine where the player must travel through a mutant-filled wasteland collecting weapons, ammo and power-ups to survive. The latest update to Rage has been recompiled under iOS 4 for improved compatibility and adds optimizations specific for the iPad 2 capabilities, including 1080p HDMI TV output. Additional improvements include an analog thumbstick control option and a new melee mechanic tweak that can be triggered by shaking the device forward. Rage is available in two universal versions: The standard version, Rage ($1) is designed for the iPad, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and second, third and fourth-generation iPod touch while Rage HD ($2) provides higher-resolution Retina Display graphics optimized for the iPhone 4, fourth-generation iPod touch, iPad and iPad 2.
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Cooking Dash 2016, Disney Gif, iTunes U 3.0, Swarm 2.5, + Zipcar 4.0
- Apps containing Confederate flag pulled from App Store
- Google Play Music adds free, ad-supported streaming radio
- Transistor, Adobe Hue, Mic Room, Elevate 2.0
- Apple takes App Analytics out of beta, adds new features
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?