Rage adds iPad 2 optimizations, HDMI output
id Software has released an update to Rage and Rage HD for iOS devices adding optimizations for iOS 4 and the iPad 2 along with HDMI TV output support and more. Released last fall, Rage is a first-person on-rails shooter built on id Software’s powerful Tech 5 game engine where the player must travel through a mutant-filled wasteland collecting weapons, ammo and power-ups to survive. The latest update to Rage has been recompiled under iOS 4 for improved compatibility and adds optimizations specific for the iPad 2 capabilities, including 1080p HDMI TV output. Additional improvements include an analog thumbstick control option and a new melee mechanic tweak that can be triggered by shaking the device forward. Rage is available in two universal versions: The standard version, Rage ($1) is designed for the iPad, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and second, third and fourth-generation iPod touch while Rage HD ($2) provides higher-resolution Retina Display graphics optimized for the iPhone 4, fourth-generation iPod touch, iPad and iPad 2.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?