Rage adds iPad 2 optimizations, HDMI output
id Software has released an update to Rage and Rage HD for iOS devices adding optimizations for iOS 4 and the iPad 2 along with HDMI TV output support and more. Released last fall, Rage is a first-person on-rails shooter built on id Software’s powerful Tech 5 game engine where the player must travel through a mutant-filled wasteland collecting weapons, ammo and power-ups to survive. The latest update to Rage has been recompiled under iOS 4 for improved compatibility and adds optimizations specific for the iPad 2 capabilities, including 1080p HDMI TV output. Additional improvements include an analog thumbstick control option and a new melee mechanic tweak that can be triggered by shaking the device forward. Rage is available in two universal versions: The standard version, Rage ($1) is designed for the iPad, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and second, third and fourth-generation iPod touch while Rage HD ($2) provides higher-resolution Retina Display graphics optimized for the iPhone 4, fourth-generation iPod touch, iPad and iPad 2.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?