‘Raise Your iPod’ photos posted | iLounge News

‘Raise Your iPod’ photos posted

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, January 8, 2004
Site News Categories:

It was a blast to have met iLoungers coming out for the ‘Raise Your iPod’ group photo. I want to thank everyone for showing up and participating in celebrating iLounge and the iPod.

A special thanks to Pam Bennett et al at Apple for providing several iPod minis for the event and to BusinessWeek for sending out a photographer… thanks to Peter Burrows, Anne D’Aprix and Gerry the photographer!. Also, a big thank you to Cortland Haws of TheMacMind.com for helping me coordinate the event… nice job.

Congratulations to the winners of the Etymotic earphones. Each earphone was thrown over my shoulder to whoever caught it. Our sincerest apology to the woman who was pushed to the ground while trying to catch the earphones. Imani, sorry about that guy bumpin’ your head. Thanks to iLounger Mike for canceling his flight to come to the group photo! It was great to have met all of you and again thanks for supporting iLounge.

View photos

« iPod 10GB clearance $249/$219 with Educational Discount

CNET: HP, Apple harmonize on iPod »

Comments

bryan..

hmm..i think you’re wrong.. apple is not trying to market the ipod as “trendy” (now the minipod is another thing altogether…) the last thing any computer manufacturer wants is a “trendy” item… because all trends die.  They’re trying to establish a very solid and UNIVERSAL market.  They’re marketing it as an appliance.. its a tool for a very specific purpose.  It’s a music player.  none of the ads are about looking cool (heck there aren’t even any actual bodies IN the ads, just dancing silhouettes).

The fact of the matter is that the ipod just *IS* cool.  Inherently.  When someone holds an ipod.. they become 29% cooler, instantly.  The only emotion any rockstar/trend-setter who sees the pics but doesn’t have an ipod is going to feel is jealousy.  “What? Geeks have ipods but i don’t!? Geoffrey get the escalade, we’re going shopping.”

That’s what ANYONE who doesn’t have an ipod feels when they see it.  Even if there are better/more functional mp3 players… if you could still get an ipod.. you would.  It’s natural, God made us that way.  It’s okay. Embrace it.

Posted by koolio on January 20, 2004 at 9:47 PM (PDT)

goddamn u people are old hehe
that freakin made me crack up so much!!!  omg these fans are oollllddd!!    im so creeped out - anyone else here not 50?  no offense but u guys are ugly

- i hate steve jobs

Posted by gabe on January 20, 2004 at 10:51 PM (PDT)

koolio

Good point, well made.  However where did you grt the 29% statistic from?  i thought it was around about the 27% mark.

Posted by bryan on January 21, 2004 at 2:24 AM (PDT)

I just love the ones with the rubber duck & the Ipod.

Congratulations to the guy who did it !!!

Ben

Posted by Ben on January 21, 2004 at 10:50 PM (PDT)

this is dumb.

POOP

Posted by stoopid on January 26, 2004 at 10:46 AM (PDT)

“Although there was not a large turn-out, it was fun nonetheless and a great ooportunity to meet all the supportive iPodloungers.”

Playing around with a new tablet, I accidentally clicked this thread, rather than the comments to the Pepsi/iTunes commercial… it took me a few minutes to figure it out (w/o reading the original article at the top…)

Posted by aa on February 1, 2004 at 5:32 PM (PDT)

If they had wanted comments on their physical apperance and age, they would’ve gone to a gynacologist :(. And to the people who are making those rude remarks, grow up? How old are you, 12? Yet you say “Oh you’re a bunch of losers for participating in a meeting of people sharing a common interest!” Grow up.

Posted by HavoK on February 16, 2004 at 6:14 PM (PDT)

MAn,, There always those kind of ppl with rude remarks…well,dats wat makes the wolrd balance…if dont like, or infact u cant afford it…y the hell u lookin at this page anyway?

Posted by Dave on February 21, 2004 at 1:57 AM (PDT)

Hmmm,

Rude people, haters, trolls, etc. will always exist as long as there are boards, user groups etc. I just ignore them. They are definitely in the minority, especialy here. May they be banished to the depths of their ignorance to forever baste in their jealousy!

Okay, maybe that was bit much but it made me laugh!

Pumi

Posted by Pumi on February 25, 2004 at 12:50 PM (PDT)

I know it’s a little late to post a comment, but I’m 19 years old and if I were there I would look like a geek, probably.

Just because I don’t “look” like the people in the iTunes commercials doesn’t mean I can’t have an iPod, does it?

C’mon people, it’s technology and everybody uses technology. I would have gone to meet iPodloungers if I had money to travel or if it were in my city… so we younger people are only jealous that we couldn’t go! :-(

Cheers, everyone!

Posted by Susana on March 3, 2004 at 11:33 PM (PDT)

EVERYBODY IN THAT PICTURE IS A GEEK, DORK, NERD, OR A REJECT.  WHY WOULD YOU HAVE A “IPOD REONION” OR WHATEVER THE HELL IT IS.  WOW THIS IS SAD

Posted by I cant beleive you geeks on March 10, 2004 at 1:14 PM (PDT)

If I had of known about it, i prolly would have went, and I don’t even own an ipod yet.

Posted by MrPink on March 12, 2004 at 12:10 AM (PDT)

While they may be geeks, at least they have something that most of you negative posters obviously lack; an education.

Learn how to speak, write, and interact with people intelligently and people might respect your opinion. Until then, you are to be dismissed as what you are - loooooooosers.

Posted by Chris on March 15, 2004 at 1:45 PM (PDT)

“EVERYBODY IN THAT PICTURE IS A GEEK, DORK, NERD, OR A REJECT. WHY WOULD YOU HAVE A “IPOD REONION” OR WHATEVER THE HELL IT IS. WOW THIS IS SAD”

by I cant beleive you geeks

I can’t believe he hasn’t attended school.

Posted by Lone on March 23, 2004 at 1:02 PM (PDT)

I have, and love, my iPod because it allows me to bring my vast collection of music everywhere I go. Yes, there are many other mp3 players out there to choose from, but Apple has a tendency to go beyond technology and bring the world computer products that are faster, stronger and better than any other company. That’s why I love my iPod. That’s why I love my iBook. That’s why I love Macs! It’s not about geeks, cool kids, losers or rock stars. It’s about the best technology available. So to all you guys talking about “it’s about being cool”, you just don’t get it. Yes, Macs have survived over the years by taking the “chic”, “eclectic” route of the computer industry, but it works. If you ask me, that’s just good business.

Posted by Sergio on March 31, 2004 at 2:14 PM (PDT)

Yea, those people in those pictures could be our mothers and fathers. But a reonion makes it ok. Haha, reonion.

I have a mini ipod, and granted, I may be 19, but hell anyone who has one is cooler than most. It just happens ..that people my age weren’t there.

Posted by ari on April 1, 2004 at 7:31 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2