Razer debuts keyboard with iPod dock | iLounge News

Razer debuts keyboard with iPod dock

image

Razer Pro Solutions has introduced a USB computer keyboard with an integrated iPod dock. The Pro|Type Multimedia Keyboard also features 32kb of onboard memory, specialized keys for programs such as iTunes, 10 programmable hot keys for storing macros and keystrokes, an ergonomic design, two USB Ports, and line-out ports for other devices. According to the gadget gurus at Gizmodo, Razer also plans to release a version of the keyboard designed to work with Microsoft’s upcoming Zune player. Pricing and availability was not announced.

« Report: New iPod to have wireless capabilities

Nordic regulators to discuss legal action against Apple »

Comments

Sweet!  I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these!

Posted by Dude on August 15, 2006 at 3:57 PM (PDT)

What’s the point? Does anyones really need this? An itunes keyboard shortcut? Are people really too lazy to just drag their mouse to the itunes icon? Weak. Wow, it’s got an ipod dock. Whoo!!!!!!

Posted by Guy on August 15, 2006 at 6:29 PM (PDT)

Great ieda, if the iPod can fold down.  Many of us have keyboard tray pullouts, so if it can’t fold down I couldn’t use it.

Posted by Mike M on August 15, 2006 at 6:30 PM (PDT)

That would look pretty sweet with my glossy white Antec case.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on August 15, 2006 at 8:53 PM (PDT)

its great for saving a cable
and god knows we all have 400 cables behind our desk

Posted by bryan on August 15, 2006 at 11:33 PM (PDT)

Uhm ok, Razer tends to know what they are doing. “Gold-plated USB connector for maximum conductivity” *lol*

Yet not a single word is spend on the key quality of this thing. Most likely this means “no thank’s, I’ll stay with my Apple Extended II, it will outlast me anyway”. And with SizzlingKeys I have many of my F-keys set up with iTunes actions.

Posted by Bad Beaver on August 16, 2006 at 1:11 AM (PDT)

an ipod protruding over a keyboard blocking a view of a laptop screen that’s set low on the table?

i dont think so.

Posted by crez on August 16, 2006 at 7:53 AM (PDT)

This keyboard makes it too easy to pull out the iPod without properly disconnecting it first, thereby risking data/file damage.  No thanks.

Posted by Russell L on August 16, 2006 at 8:45 AM (PDT)

Okay I’ll ask…Apple (Option) Key or a Windows key on this baby?  Looks like an Option key to me, but I can’t tell.

Posted by Gordy. in Atlanta, GA on August 16, 2006 at 10:13 AM (PDT)

yeah Russell L - because it is so much harder to pull an iPod out of a regular dock . . . hmm

Posted by renngrgf on August 16, 2006 at 10:12 PM (PDT)

I guess I’m not as cool as I once thought. I was thinking this would be a nice thing to have, but judging by all of the negative comments, it must be cool to hate convenience. I really need to brush up on my Skillz, and learn whats cools and whats not. As for now, I still like it

Posted by bwagner on August 17, 2006 at 1:36 PM (PDT)