Reader receives iPod mini | iLounge News

Reader receives iPod mini

pic

“I received my silver iPod mini today. I ordered minutes after the keynote speech at Macworld SF on January 6th when they were first made available online at the Apple Store. I ordered silver and pink, and the silver one arrived today. The pink one is still in Indiana (I am in Chicago).”

Editor’s note: The iPod mini package includes two cables; FireWire and USB 2.0.

« Apple says ‘size and capacity make iPod mini worthwhile’

Mac: iSync 1.4 Released »

Comments

UR UNIVERSITY’S DEMO BLUE IPOD MINI JUST ARRIVED!

Holy crap, dude. This thing is awesome. It seems really small in my hand than I thought it would be. Also, the belt clip is very surprising as to how tightly it hangs onto the iPod. It has a small rubber stop in the back and it squeezes the iPod mini from the sides pretty tightly. It takes quite a bit of force to slide it back out once it’s in. Also, the click wheel is awesome and for whatever reason, the screen looks much clearer than the old ones did (Font is smoother, smaller, and better I think).

Can’t wait until I get my personal one in a couple days.

Posted by Chris Derry on February 18, 2004 at 11:41 AM (CST)

That was supposed to be OUR university.  Also, I’ve had to reset it already.  According to the manual, you must turn on the hold, turn off the hold and hold down the select and menu buttons for 6 seconds to reboot.  It works now.

Posted by Chris Derry on February 18, 2004 at 11:42 AM (CST)

<jealousy>

wow. very nice.

what’s with the two firewire cords?

</jealously>

Posted by michael on February 18, 2004 at 11:43 AM (CST)

This thing really is a true work of art. The two cords are:

1. 1 Firewire cable
2. 1 USB 2.0 cable

Posted by spectreman on February 18, 2004 at 11:49 AM (CST)

Oh so NOW they include USB.

Bastards.

Posted by palexc on February 18, 2004 at 12:09 PM (CST)

“Oh so NOW they include USB.”
That’s what I was thinking.  I still like my 15 GB 3G iPod better than the iPod mini but I think apple will take the mini further.  A few years down the line they will have a 30 gb iPod mini and thats when I will trade in my 15 gb 3G iPod.  They look really “neato,” they will be fashionable like the original iPod was.

Posted by 15gb3gipod on February 18, 2004 at 12:12 PM (CST)

Very Nice Indeed!

Just a recommendation - You might want to blur out the serial numbers on your pictures.

Posted by Noryen on February 18, 2004 at 12:53 PM (CST)

Thanks, I was wondering about that. I have removed the picture all together.

Posted by spectreman on February 18, 2004 at 1:42 PM (CST)

Sweet, now take on on the beach, with some sand stuck to its butt.

And one in the surf, with the wind in its hair.

Posted by Knuckles on February 18, 2004 at 2:10 PM (CST)

wow! i didnt know that it would be smaller than my cell phone. awesome!

Posted by bb_dg on February 18, 2004 at 2:29 PM (CST)

Which earbuds does the unit come with? The pics look like it comes with the new in-ear headphones?

Posted by camson in Melbourne, Australia on February 18, 2004 at 3:37 PM (CST)

camson,

They come with the same Apple Earbud headphones, not the newly released in-ear headphones.

Posted by Chris Derry on February 18, 2004 at 3:49 PM (CST)

The pink one I ordered for my wife was shipped from Taiwan on the 16th and also is held up in Indianappolis.  She’s going to be SO suprised when it finally gets here!

Posted by frank on February 18, 2004 at 8:33 PM (CST)

I ordered within the first hour and received mine this morning… T-1d8h10m EST. The gold looks like jewelry. If anyone is familiar with mid 20th century cigarette cases, you have the idea. Very happy I decided to preorder.

Posted by Aceon6 in New England, USA on February 19, 2004 at 8:49 AM (CST)

My pink arrived this morning….

Posted by spectreman on February 19, 2004 at 10:06 AM (CST)

a friend of mine ordered a blue one and it came today at 2.

Posted by brian c on February 19, 2004 at 2:24 PM (CST)

I ordered mine a couple of days ago and the status is still EST: ON OR BEFORE MARCH 10…. :@

Posted by Mike on February 19, 2004 at 4:40 PM (CST)

My Ipod mini arrived on the 17th of February. Very nice piece of equipment. The scroll wheel is the best one yet. I would not be suprised to see the next gen or original ipods have the same type of scroll wheel. The size is amazing. So small. Today the mini dock, arm band and in ear phones arrived. I am very happy. I have a 10 gig and now the mini I will use for outdoors where I can attach it to my arm and not worry about it. The sound is great. The unit is worth the money, if you care about form and function this is the pod. If you want to put all your music on one pod then go buy the 40 gig. I am happy, hope you will all be too when your ipod mini arrives.

Posted by Steve on February 19, 2004 at 10:13 PM (CST)

Would someone be kind enough to post the dimensions of the iPod Mini box? Am thinking of asking a friend to bring one back to the UK from the US, and don’t want to blag too much of his suitcase space!

Posted by freston on February 20, 2004 at 5:00 AM (CST)