Readers report iPod mini has shipped | iLounge News

Readers report iPod mini has shipped

Several readers have informed us that their Apple iPod mini order status has changed from ‘Est. Ship 2/17’ to ‘Shipped’. iLounge’s iPod mini, purchased on January 7, 2004, has shipped as well via Federal Express. We’ll of course post photos of the new iPod mini and packaging as soon as it arrives.

« iPod battery for $45

40 GB iPod for $463.14 »

Comments

Hello, maybe to shorten the upcoming iPod mini owner, I made a desktop picture inspired by the mini, if you like, you can download it (14KB): http://www.pratioto.com/temp/mini.zip

have fun =)

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 5:48 AM (CST)

Sorry!! I mean to shorten the waiting.. =)

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 5:50 AM (CST)

Mines on its way too.  I don’t have a scheduled arrival time though which sucks.  I guess this is because its coming from Taiwan.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 6:37 AM (CST)

Mine will arrive on Feb. 20th (estimated).

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 7:25 AM (CST)

Yes mine is shipped too :)

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 7:45 AM (CST)

both of mine have shipped. I expect them on Wednesday. I ordered a 12” laptop a few weeks back. Standard shipping (7-10 days) took, as usual, about 3 days. It was just weird getting shipping info on Sunday, though it was probably already Monday where ever it is coming from.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 8:05 AM (CST)

just checked again and now it states :

On or before
03/16/2004

for est. shipment

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 8:11 AM (CST)

you can’t trust apple and their estimated shipping.  i paid for expidated shipping on my ipod last year and it was 8 days late.  got my money back though for the shipping.  the 8 days were very long….

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 9:38 AM (CST)

My gold mini has shipped, and is slated to arrive on the 20th—if my experience from ordering my BTO iBook G4, which also shipped directly from Taiwan, is any guide, it may be here as soon as Wednesday.

YAY!!!  :-D

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 10:01 AM (CST)

Looking forward to the pics.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 10:12 AM (CST)

Just checked my email and got word that my mini has been shipped - estimated to arrive before noon on the 20th.

The same day it is supposed to be available at Apple Stores.

Hopefully it comes a couple days early, that would be nice.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 11:23 AM (CST)

Mine just changed from Open and “On or before 2/17/2004” to “Shipped” and it has already provided me with some tracking info.

My personalized silver mini Left FedEx Origin Location

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 11:31 AM (CST)

Apple store here in Honolulu say they will have it on 20th but I called them last Sat 14 Valentines Day they say they will have it by 16.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 1:57 PM (CST)

I got an e-mail confirming that my personalized iPod Mini shipped on Feb 17. That seemed odd since it is the 16th of Feb here in Chicago. Sure enough, it shipped from Taiwan where it is already “tomorrow”!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 2:38 PM (CST)

Yo, when did you guys order yours? I ordered mine a few days ago and it says this :

Apple plans to ship your product between March 3 and March 16.

Thats bologna! oh well…. at least I will have my hands on it eventually…

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 6:46 PM (CST)

We all ordered ours almost as soon as they were announced, of course.  Now YOU will have to wait, like we did!  MUAHAHAHAH!!!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 7:39 PM (CST)

Damn Apple! I just ordered mine tonight and it says EST SHIP: 2-4weeks! :@:@:@... I hope they just come out this week at the apple stores and I can buy it without waiting!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 8:17 PM (CST)

^^^haha well this guy didn’t order it right away^^^

yeah apple pisses me off too

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 9:19 PM (CST)

:( :(  please feel sorry for me. I want one but I live in Australia and I have to wait till April. Maybe some nice person can get me one earlier :)

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 17, 2004 at 1:22 AM (CST)

snowpig—if ur interested in having someone sending u a mini (pay for it via paypal or something) email me at: n h a m stanford.edu (get rid of the spaces and put an @ before the domain name)

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 17, 2004 at 2:24 AM (CST)