Recommended FireWire and USB 2.0 cards for iPod | iLounge News

Recommended FireWire and USB 2.0 cards for iPod

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, October 23, 2003
News Categories: iPod

Apple has posted a Knowledge Base document listing several FireWire and USB 2.0 cards tested for compatibilty with iPod using Windows XP drivers. Manufacturers listed are Belkin, Orange Micro and Adaptec.

« Apple 20GB iPod w/iTrip for $380

Replacement battery for 3G iPods released »

Comments

Anyone know why iPods are so picky with i/o cards?  I had the same problem with my 15G and my laptop firewire card.  Are other Usb2/firewire devices this bad?

Posted by Albert on October 23, 2003 at 9:14 AM (PDT)

The FireWire ports on the Sound Blaster Audigy works great if you need a half decent sound card to.

Posted by MusclePup on October 23, 2003 at 9:18 AM (PDT)

Yep I agree with MusclePup, I have an Audigy 2 and it works fine, for now smile

Posted by IronSerif on October 24, 2003 at 5:52 AM (PDT)

I have the right setup now, but I know this can be frustrating for first-time ipod owners.  It just struck me as ridiculous that I had to find the right firewire chipset in order to get my ipod working.

Posted by Albert on October 24, 2003 at 8:40 AM (PDT)

Can anyone help me? I Just bought the 20 Gb ipod and a firewirecard, but i don’t get it working. It says that the firewire card is functioning but the ipod manager cant find my device. FRUSTRATING!!!!! WHAT DO I DO`????!!!!! *pissed off* Please help me….

Posted by Johan on December 4, 2003 at 2:08 PM (PDT)

hi everyone.

i got a ipod mini last week. 4gb model. there was a cable supplied with it but i havent been able to hook the pod to my comp.
by the way, i’m from delhi, india. if anyone around here thinks they can help me, please do. i’m irritated since the day this ipod was gifted to me.

the software installs correctly and i have updated the itunes software also. problem is that once i connect my pod with the supplied cable. a pop up appears and says windows xp dont recognise this hardware. thats it.

nothing more i can do because there are no instructions to follow. also what usb 2.0 cars shud i buy to make this work

please help me.

Posted by Anuj on June 20, 2005 at 12:59 PM (PDT)

hi. i got my ipod a few weeks ago and i cant freakin get my cds imported into the library…when i put the cd in and click import, it says unown error..i can get all my limewire music on it..BUT I WANT ALL MY CDS ON IT…please help me

Posted by lostsheep on September 27, 2005 at 5:02 PM (PDT)