Refurbished 3G 10GB iPod for $199 | iLounge News

Refurbished 3G 10GB iPod for $199

The Apple Store online is offering factory refurbished 3rd generation 10GB iPods for $199 with free ground shipping. This model does not include the dock. Includes one year limited warranty.

« BTI iPod Battery now shipping

Apple plans to add rare and out-of-print songs to iTMS »

Comments

Yea, well the website says $249.00, what gives!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 12, 2004 at 9:57 AM (CDT)

My bad, I saw the new models, please don’t flame me!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 12, 2004 at 9:58 AM (CDT)

$199 is a good deal… $249 is not.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 12, 2004 at 12:20 PM (CDT)

$249 is not a good deal for a brand new 10gb iPod?  What!?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 12, 2004 at 2:31 PM (CDT)

a bit close to the price of a new 15 gig, since this is a refurbished product.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 12, 2004 at 4:27 PM (CDT)

The ones for $249 arn’t refurbished.  They’re brand new.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 12, 2004 at 5:22 PM (CDT)

If you take a closer look at the website and scroll down a bit you will find the ipod for 199 as advertised.  It comes with a one year warranty.  Good luck

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 12, 2004 at 6:00 PM (CDT)

how bad can refurbishment be ? if i buy it will i end up being dissapointed ?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 12, 2004 at 6:05 PM (CDT)

Refurbished projects are usually the same or better than new.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 12, 2004 at 7:00 PM (CDT)

Looks like they’re all gone :-(

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 12, 2004 at 7:00 PM (CDT)

how can a refurb be better then new…just wondering?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 12, 2004 at 8:05 PM (CDT)

because they’ve been TESTED

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 13, 2004 at 12:32 AM (CDT)

Hurry, a few more have shown up on the special deals section!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 13, 2004 at 6:57 AM (CDT)

woohoo (i hope)  I just got one!!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 14, 2004 at 2:16 PM (CDT)

I just ordered one last night.  My first iPod, do I really “need” a dock?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 15, 2004 at 8:06 AM (CDT)

I just ordered Thursday also Greg and I’m trying to figure that out also.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 16, 2004 at 4:16 PM (CDT)

avesk2,  I have a PB and I think the “cable” will be fine for me.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 16, 2004 at 7:03 PM (CDT)

I too purchased the refurbed iPod. In the product description it says that it includes and “Apple firewire cable (2m).” I have a supported firewire card in my PC, but will this work out of the box—is the cable firewire on one end and dock-style on the other? Or is it just firewire on both ends? Please flame me for being a newbie. Thanks!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 19, 2004 at 5:15 PM (CDT)

yes, it is firewire on one side and dock connecter style on the other.  You’ve got everything you need, just plug it in and go!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 20, 2004 at 5:14 PM (CDT)

Hello all, I ordered one of these last Thursday and it came in the mail today!  I was excited…  I was also very impressed and pleased upon opening the package.  Of course, it didn’t come with the cool Apple box, just a regular box, but everything was neatly packaged and… brand new looking.  All the accesories, except for the AC adapter (still in excellent shape) was brand new and sealed!  The iPod looks brand new, you can’t tell the difference, no scratches, no smudges, it was even still in the wrapping.  I almost think it is a brand new iPod.  I have one HUGE problem!!!  They gave me the USB cable instead of the Firewire cable!!!! This means I can’t charge my iPod, and therefore can’t load or use it, until I get one of those cables!!!  Ugh, so I called what I believe to be the proper number and was left with an answering machine, but said that they’d ship in 48 hours.  Though it’s not very assuring, I like to talk to someone… but, I guess all I can do is wait and see!  It’s killing me though!  I want to use the dang thing.  Anyone else have this problem?

-Charlie

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 20, 2004 at 5:20 PM (CDT)