Refurbished iPod 20GB $279, 30GB $319, 40GB $379 | iLounge News

Refurbished iPod 20GB $279, 30GB $319, 40GB $379

Apple knocked $20 off the factory-refurbished iPod 20GB to $279. 30GB and 40GB models were also dropped to $319 and $379, respectively. All come with a one-year warranty and shipping id free.

« Apple posts QuickTime video of iTMS Europe launch

The Definition of the Man: His iPod »

Comments

are these refurbished ever going to have scratches? cuz i don’t want scratches smile

Posted by mx on June 17, 2004 at 7:37 AM (PDT)

Yes, the one I received was somewhat scratched.  But I will take a few scratches to save $100. Functionally, it is perfect.

Posted by Gabriel on June 17, 2004 at 8:02 AM (PDT)

People are paying almost full price for used ones on eBay, with no warranty - this sounds like a deal to me.

Posted by Dale on June 17, 2004 at 8:06 AM (PDT)

Apple’s trying to clear out their old stock…

Posted by mongoos150 on June 17, 2004 at 8:47 AM (PDT)

The Apple WWDC [June] and Macworld Expo SF [January] have become two points in the year for product announcements. The dev. conference keynote by Steve Jobs will be broadcast June 28 at 10a [Pacific]. I was hoping for something new from the Euro store rollout, but no.

Likely iPod announcement would be bigger drives for same/less money. [However, predicting Steve Jobs’ hand is not something even Chris Moneymaker would bet on/against.]

Posted by TC on June 17, 2004 at 9:26 AM (PDT)

are these the new ipods or the old generation? im so new to the ipod world and i think that these are great deals!

Posted by que on June 17, 2004 at 10:56 AM (PDT)

Still doesn’t beat the $325 I paid for my refurbed 40GB 3G iPod I got off of eBay.  Uf-da.

Posted by B.J. on June 17, 2004 at 1:59 PM (PDT)

Haha, i paid 350 for my 30 gb a week ago, thats how it goes. Anyways it came in PERFECT condition.

Posted by Ryan Curran on June 17, 2004 at 5:54 PM (PDT)

Another positive comment for my refurb.  Ordered two weeks ago and got a mint pod.  Amazing gear!

Posted by podhead on June 17, 2004 at 6:49 PM (PDT)

I have a 10GB refurb 3g ipod from online apple store. Got it 8 months ago, it was perfect (still is). In general, I find that unopened refurb items are a good deal, and the imperfections, if any, are very small (the kind that would happen on the first day if you are not super careful with them).

rd

Posted by rd on June 19, 2004 at 7:01 AM (PDT)

I ordered a refurb 20GB iPod 10 days ago, then the price dropped. I called Apple and was given the price break. The item I received was in like new condition. The cables are a bit worn, but everything works as I expected it to. It seems the refurbs are a very fine deal.

Posted by dgordon on June 23, 2004 at 3:09 AM (PDT)

I just got my 20 GB refurb, and it is perfect!  All nicely wrapped and scratch free.  After charging overnight, hooked to my Powerbook via the Dock and Firewire 400 and it proceeded to synch a 13GB library in about 20 minutes.  Another happy Apple customer with $100 in his pocket.

Posted by Chris Dondanville on June 26, 2004 at 12:41 PM (PDT)