RemoteRemote for 3G iPod Now Shipping
Engineered Audio is now shipping the RemoteRemote wireless remote for 3G iPods. I received mine today. It comes with a receiver that fits snugly into the headphone jack, and a small, light, nice-looking key-fob remote control. Supposedly it should be able to let you control your iPod around corners and through walls. It looks cool, and well made, but I have had no luck with it at all…
First you have to pry open the remote and install the battery… by the way there is a little warning in the instructions that says, “if you put the battery in wrong it may cause damage to the key fob.”, which was a little intimidating. Then after you put it back together, you have to program it to work with the receiver. Well after about 45 minutes of “pushing the rewind and fast forward buttons simultaneously for five seconds, and the pressing the play button” with no success what-so-ever, and then prying it open again to see if I had the battery in right, I finally gave up on the sucker. Talk about frustrating! I’m going to contact them tomorrow to see if they can help me out. Is there anyone else out there who bought one of these that have actually gotten it to work? If so, tell us about it.
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Parrot announces 13 new Minidrones
- Apple issues recall of Beats Pill XL speaker
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?