RemoteRemote for 3G iPod Now Shipping
Engineered Audio is now shipping the RemoteRemote wireless remote for 3G iPods. I received mine today. It comes with a receiver that fits snugly into the headphone jack, and a small, light, nice-looking key-fob remote control. Supposedly it should be able to let you control your iPod around corners and through walls. It looks cool, and well made, but I have had no luck with it at all…
First you have to pry open the remote and install the battery… by the way there is a little warning in the instructions that says, “if you put the battery in wrong it may cause damage to the key fob.”, which was a little intimidating. Then after you put it back together, you have to program it to work with the receiver. Well after about 45 minutes of “pushing the rewind and fast forward buttons simultaneously for five seconds, and the pressing the play button” with no success what-so-ever, and then prying it open again to see if I had the battery in right, I finally gave up on the sucker. Talk about frustrating! I’m going to contact them tomorrow to see if they can help me out. Is there anyone else out there who bought one of these that have actually gotten it to work? If so, tell us about it.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?