RemoteRemote for 3G iPod Now Shipping | iLounge News

RemoteRemote for 3G iPod Now Shipping

picEngineered Audio is now shipping the RemoteRemote wireless remote for 3G iPods.  I received mine today.  It comes with a receiver that fits snugly into the headphone jack, and a small, light, nice-looking key-fob remote control.  Supposedly it should be able to let you control your iPod around corners and through walls. It looks cool, and well made, but I have had no luck with it at all…

First you have to pry open the remote and install the battery… by the way there is a little warning in the instructions that says, “if you put the battery in wrong it may cause damage to the key fob.”, which was a little intimidating.  Then after you put it back together, you have to program it to work with the receiver.  Well after about 45 minutes of “pushing the rewind and fast forward buttons simultaneously for five seconds, and the pressing the play button” with no success what-so-ever, and then prying it open again to see if I had the battery in right, I finally gave up on the sucker.  Talk about frustrating!  I’m going to contact them tomorrow to see if they can help me out.  Is there anyone else out there who bought one of these that have actually gotten it to work?  If so, tell us about it.

« Sony to launch ‘Walkman of the future’ to rival iPod

Black Eyed Peas ‘Hey Mama’ Heats Up New iPod Ad Campaign »

Comments

The remote is kinda cheap looking.. but hey if you get it working i’m definatly buying one smile

keep us updated please

Posted by noname in Ottawa on November 4, 2003 at 8:53 PM (PDT)

Same here. I want one of those but I’m holding off till I hear more user comments on it.

BTW If anyone at EngineeredAudio is reading this.
Make one in metal!

Posted by Mikey on November 4, 2003 at 9:13 PM (PDT)

I had the exact same problem, only I was stupid enough to keep trying for over an hour.

Posted by atdave on November 4, 2003 at 9:27 PM (PDT)

Can anyone tell me which frequency this thing’s transmitting on?

Posted by podlover on November 5, 2003 at 3:17 AM (PDT)

Same problem here,
I was talking it through with EngineeredAudio and they think it may be something with version 2.1, and are looking to fix the issue.

Posted by Nathan on November 5, 2003 at 6:04 AM (PDT)

Same as Nathan, they think its something w/ version 2.1

Posted by jsmoove7 on November 5, 2003 at 6:25 AM (PDT)

I was actually going to go with this model until I heard about the shipping problems. I’ve got the IR remote and it works beautifully.

Posted by Chad on November 5, 2003 at 6:55 AM (PDT)

Hope this thing works when it arrives. IR is not a good solution at work(for me) or in the car.

Posted by Rob on November 5, 2003 at 7:19 AM (PDT)

Well any users get this thing to work yet?

Posted by Mikey on November 5, 2003 at 7:25 AM (PDT)