Report details Apple iWatch tech, ‘Healthbook’ limits
According to a new report from MobiHealthNews, Apple currently has more than 200 people working on the iWatch, but the smartwatch will be a peripheral device that relies on an iPhone connection for full functionality, rather than intended as a purely standalone product. Qualifying rather than contradicting an earlier 9to5Mac story detailing potential iWatch features, the report notes that sensors in the iWatch may not be as advanced or numerous as some expect, with simpler measurements concentrated on displaying accurate, “real metrics like calories,” rather than abstract Nike Fuel numbers, and a lower likelihood of features such as integrated hydration measurement.
Exercise, diet, sleep, stress, and medication adherence are all believed to be targeted by the device, which will aim to bring meaningful health tracking to the masses. It’s believed Apple that is planning on keeping the iWatch and rumored “Healthbook” app — which may have a different name — unregulated by the FDA, which was the crux of the company’s recent meeting with the agency. In order to avoid FDA regulation, Apple would have to report measured health statistics without analysis.
- Best Buy expanding Apple Watch sales to all its stores in September
- Rumor: Apple working on health tracking ‘smart bands’ for Apple Watch
- Animal Jam Play Wild, Final Fantasy VII, WonderBox, Square Cash 2.8, Swarm 3.0
- Apple Stores shifting to walk-ins for Apple Watch trials
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Carrot Weather, Google News & Weather, Microsoft Outlook
- Updated Apple Store app accepts gift cards
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Report: Apple behind San Francisco ‘mystery event’ in early September
- Taiwan court rules Samsung used stolen trade secrets to make A9 chip
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?