Report: Next-generation iPhone specs confirmed?
Suggesting that he has direct knowledge of the features of Apple’s next-generation iPhone, Daring Fireball’s John Gruber claims that recent rumors “are indeed accurate” that the new iPhone will include a magnetometer and improved camera with autofocus capabilities, a higher-resolution image sensor and video recording features. While the device’s video feature will not be spectacular, he suggests, it will be convenient, easy to use, and “one of the major features Apple plans to tout regarding the new model.” He also says that he “believe[s]” reports that the device will sport a 600MHz processor, 1.5 times faster than the prior iPhone models, and expects a doubling of both the device’s storage capacity and RAM for the same $199 and $299 prices as prior models, collectively making the new iPhones faster at loading and switching between apps. Additionally, Gruber notes that the new iPhone’s shell will be so similar to its predecessor’s that earlier cases will remain compatible, with only “subtle” changes.
Apple is expected to announce a new iPhone model at this year’s Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) on June 8, 2009.
- iPad Air 2 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- iOS 8.1 gets official, adding Apple Pay, photo features (Oct. 20)
- Apple Pay to launch Oct. 20 in U.S., 500 new banks on board
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus come to 36 more countries and territories this month
- Users reporting iOS 8 Bluetooth connectivity problems
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- AT&T locks Apple SIM cards upon activation in iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iTunes music sales down at least 13 percent worldwide
- iPad Air 2 includes NFC chip, but likely won’t be used (Updated)
- Apps of the Week: Inbox by Gmail, Pixelmator, NHL 2K + more
- iPad mini 3 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iPad Air 2 Control Center features separate mute and rotation buttons
- GT Advanced announces settlement with Apple
- iPad Air 2 ships with 10W power adapter
- Olloclip debuts 4-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- iFixit posts iPad Air 2 teardown
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0