Report: users experiencing iBoom problems
“My father received an iBoom for Christmas and at first, everything seemed great. Initially, he plugged it into the wall and tried it out. Soon after, he put in the batteries and did some work outside. When he returned inside, he put the iBoom on his computer desk and just plugged it into the wall and listened to it while working on his computer (rather than draining the batteries). The following morning, he noticed the back of the unit was very hot and there was fluid around the iBoom. It turned out to be battery acid. It seems that if you plug in the iBoom, approximately 12.75 volts DC go to the 6 D cell batteries. This can be extremely bad possibly resulting in a fire.”
The Mac site has also received a reader report detailing other issues with DLO’s boombox accessory for the iPod.
“From the first day I received the iBoom I found it to have two problems: 1) The volume control is faulty—it will not lower the volume in a gradual way but simply switches the volume totally off at the low end of the scale rather than allowing for a lower volume setting. 2) There is an unacceptable amount of hiss coming from the iBoom speakers. This is regardless of which input or the volume control setting—both the tuner or the iPod input show the same problem at any volume control setting.”
DLO has not responded to inquiries from iLounge regarding the original issue, and has not provided hardware for testing and review.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Divoom AuraBox Bluetooth Speaker
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?