Report: users experiencing iBoom problems
“My father received an iBoom for Christmas and at first, everything seemed great. Initially, he plugged it into the wall and tried it out. Soon after, he put in the batteries and did some work outside. When he returned inside, he put the iBoom on his computer desk and just plugged it into the wall and listened to it while working on his computer (rather than draining the batteries). The following morning, he noticed the back of the unit was very hot and there was fluid around the iBoom. It turned out to be battery acid. It seems that if you plug in the iBoom, approximately 12.75 volts DC go to the 6 D cell batteries. This can be extremely bad possibly resulting in a fire.”
The Mac site has also received a reader report detailing other issues with DLO’s boombox accessory for the iPod.
“From the first day I received the iBoom I found it to have two problems: 1) The volume control is faulty—it will not lower the volume in a gradual way but simply switches the volume totally off at the low end of the scale rather than allowing for a lower volume setting. 2) There is an unacceptable amount of hiss coming from the iBoom speakers. This is regardless of which input or the volume control setting—both the tuner or the iPod input show the same problem at any volume control setting.”
DLO has not responded to inquiries from iLounge regarding the original issue, and has not provided hardware for testing and review.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today