Reports: Camera issues to delay iPod releases?
Apple has experienced technical difficulties with cameras intended for updated iPods, according to two reports. Separately citing “reliable” and “strong” sources regarding upcoming Apple announcements, HardMac and AppleInsider report that camera problems may push back the release of new iPods until after their official unveiling at Apple’s Rock and Roll media event this week. The reports differ, however, in the specific models said to be impacted by the issues; HardMac claims that the problems are limited to the third-generation iPod touch, while AppleInsider suggests problems with both the iPod touch and the fifth-generation iPod nano. According to HardMac, “the problem has been spotted in the first dozen of thousands units produced,” and those units have been “put aside.” Apple has in past years had new iPods available within days of announcement; it is unclear whether the reports are accurate, and if so, how much of an impact the issues will actually have on the rollout and performance of the new models. Possible scenarios include no delays—under conditions that the rumors are unfounded, that potentially problematic units are released anyway, or that all potentially problematic units have been isolated—as well as delays related to additional quality assurance.
- Apple releases second iOS 9 public beta
- Home Sharing for Music returns in iOS 9 beta 4
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9 beta to developers
- New fingerprint scanner tech could lead to Touch ID built into iPhone display
- iPod touch, nano, and shuffle color comparison photos
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Apple Maps van spotted in greater NYC metro area
- Apple announces annual Back to School promotion, excludes iOS devices
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?