Reports: Camera issues to delay iPod releases?
Apple has experienced technical difficulties with cameras intended for updated iPods, according to two reports. Separately citing “reliable” and “strong” sources regarding upcoming Apple announcements, HardMac and AppleInsider report that camera problems may push back the release of new iPods until after their official unveiling at Apple’s Rock and Roll media event this week. The reports differ, however, in the specific models said to be impacted by the issues; HardMac claims that the problems are limited to the third-generation iPod touch, while AppleInsider suggests problems with both the iPod touch and the fifth-generation iPod nano. According to HardMac, “the problem has been spotted in the first dozen of thousands units produced,” and those units have been “put aside.” Apple has in past years had new iPods available within days of announcement; it is unclear whether the reports are accurate, and if so, how much of an impact the issues will actually have on the rollout and performance of the new models. Possible scenarios include no delays—under conditions that the rumors are unfounded, that potentially problematic units are released anyway, or that all potentially problematic units have been isolated—as well as delays related to additional quality assurance.
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Device able to access iOS 8.1 through brute-force attack
- Microsoft to bring Cortana to iOS
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 3 to developers (Update: iOS 8.3 Public Beta also released)
- Apple releases iOS 8.2
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?