Retrofit an old Walkman with an iPod | iLounge News

Retrofit an old Walkman with an iPod

picLonging for those days of the Walkman, but don’t want to give up your iPod? A couple of do-it-yourselfers at retropod.com have come up with an offbeat solution - retrofitting an old Sony Sports Walkman to accomodate an iPod inside the cassette compartment. Think of it as retro iPod armor to conceal your precious during subway rides. Retropod sells the orginal Sony Sports Walkman for $100 and the retrofit kit for $20.

« iPod ads win Media Lion Award at Cannes

Apple posts new iTunes + iPod video »

Comments

I need one with “bling bling” to match my shelltop adidas and “dukee” gold rope chains with medallions!

Posted by Stylescraper on July 2, 2004 at 9:38 AM (CDT)

Is there a “Jacob the Jeweler” Upgrade?

Holler at your boy!

Swallow Back!

Posted by Stylescraper on July 2, 2004 at 9:40 AM (CDT)

Would I spend 100 on it?  Nope.  Do I have one, maybe two, of these lying around?  Yup.  Hell, 20 is a good price for a case that can take a beating in my bag.  At least my walkman cases are already pre scratched, so I won’t freak when my new case gets a good gash.

RetroPod—Hats off to you.  Take something that everyone has lying around and give us another use for it!

Posted by Mustang Paul on July 2, 2004 at 9:46 AM (CDT)

Someone says they don’t want their Ipod stolen?  I’ve got a much better idea for keeping your Ipod safe than wearing this big stupid looking thing:  how about stuffing it into a tube sock?  Cost?  Two bucks.

Posted by Z on July 2, 2004 at 10:30 AM (CDT)

Posted by AGD on July 2, 2004 at 11:06 AM (CDT)

I think this RetroPod idea is great! Only if i had a 100 dollars to spend on a case i’d get it.. I wouldn’t want my precious ::strokes:: to get mugged by some undeserving son of a gun.

Posted by RetroKid on July 2, 2004 at 3:49 PM (CDT)

Well, Sony did say they were releasing a HD player.. just didn’t think it was going to be this!

Heheh

Posted by LuckyOne on July 2, 2004 at 6:08 PM (CDT)

If you dont want it stolen, then put large amounts of lubricant on it so its impossible to pick up using your hands without pliers.

No thief carries pliers everywhere, trust me.

Posted by asfasdfasdf on July 3, 2004 at 10:24 AM (CDT)

I would have bought one in an instant if the order page didn’t start preaching politics to me.

Oh well.  Looks like I’ll have to get one at a flea market for ten bucks and somehow figure out how to cut and glue neoprene all by myself.

Posted by stark23x on July 3, 2004 at 1:40 PM (CDT)

AGD - “Once in a while we are presented with ideas so stupid they could only be read at ipodlounge.com”

I don’t know if you’re referring to this retro product or my “tube sock” idea, but if you’re referring to the tube sock, just know that it was meant to be sarcastic.

Buh bye.

Posted by Z on July 4, 2004 at 2:05 PM (CDT)

When is Louis Vuitton gonna make a case?? the Gucci one is oookay and covers the controls just like this ancient piece of $%*#

Posted by velfarreclubber on July 5, 2004 at 5:21 AM (CDT)

am very happy about u kindness and the good works u doing may the GOOD LORD BLESS U AMEN AND AND THANK U.

Posted by Emmanuel Saka on January 20, 2006 at 10:05 AM (CST)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2