Roamz 2.0 introduces new UI, more social features
Roamz has released a major update to its location-based social app debuting a completely redesigned user interface, new social features and push notification support. Released last fall, Roamz allows users to display an aggregated view of location-based results from several different social networks, including Facebook, Foursquare, Instagram, and Twitter, providing users with relevant information on what is happening around their current location. Users can also capture and share Roamz moments by connecting via their Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare accounts.
The latest version provides a new interface designed to help users better discover new and interesting activity around their location more effectively. A new commenting feature allows users to comment on other users’ posts with optional push notification support to let users know when new comments or likes are received. Roamz 2.0 also includes an improved recommendation system to provide content more relevant to each user’s interests as well as the ability to dynamically improve recommendations based on user activity. The update also now provides Google Maps integration on every venue page, allowing users to quickly open the Maps app to get directions to the location. Roamz 2.0 requires iOS 4.3 or later and is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?