Roamz 2.0 introduces new UI, more social features
Roamz has released a major update to its location-based social app debuting a completely redesigned user interface, new social features and push notification support. Released last fall, Roamz allows users to display an aggregated view of location-based results from several different social networks, including Facebook, Foursquare, Instagram, and Twitter, providing users with relevant information on what is happening around their current location. Users can also capture and share Roamz moments by connecting via their Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare accounts.
The latest version provides a new interface designed to help users better discover new and interesting activity around their location more effectively. A new commenting feature allows users to comment on other users’ posts with optional push notification support to let users know when new comments or likes are received. Roamz 2.0 also includes an improved recommendation system to provide content more relevant to each user’s interests as well as the ability to dynamically improve recommendations based on user activity. The update also now provides Google Maps integration on every venue page, allowing users to quickly open the Maps app to get directions to the location. Roamz 2.0 requires iOS 4.3 or later and is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?