Rogers offers iPhone 3GS discounts to prior iPhone users
Rogers Wireless has announced a set of iPhone 3GS discounts that it will offer to certain prior iPhone customers. For customers who bought an iPhone 3G between July 11 and Sept. 30, 2008, and with an average monthly spend of at least $100, Rogers is cutting $500 off the cost of an iPhone 3GS, bringing the prices down to $199 and $299 for the 16GB and 32GB models, respectively. For customers that bought an iPhone between July 11 and Dec. 31 2008 but aren’t eligible for the above offer, the company is offering a $250 discount, resulting in prices of $449 for the 16GB model and $549 for 32GB units. Both offers expire on July 31 and come with the addition of a one-year term to the customer’s existing agreement. Customers may also purchase the iPhone 3GS at cost through the company’s website or retail channels; this pushes the prices up to $699 for the 16GB and $799 for 32GB models.
Interestingly, Fido customers will not be offered the same deal; they may redeem FidoDollars towards a new iPhone 3GS, with an additional $100 top-up from Fido. It appears that Rogers/Fido will allow customers to switch over to Rogers and purchase the phone at the new contract price. Finally, both carriers will be offering the 6GB/$30 data promotion until July 31; this plan is valid on a new or existing iPhone plan. The iPhone 3GS will launch in Canada today, and will be available at Apple retail stores as well as Rogers/Fido locations.
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 4 to developers, adds Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada in March?
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.2, fixing missing ringtones issue
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12