Roxio to launch iPod/iTunes software suite
Roxio this week will announce the Boom Box, a software bundle comprised of five Mac OS X applications designed to “reveal the iPod’s full power and potential.” The $49.95 suite includes Roxio’s CD Spin Doctor and the latest versions of four third-party software titles—MusicMagic Mixer, iPodderX, Audio Hijack and iSpeak It—to help users rediscover their music collection and to go beyond it with podcasts and Internet radio broadcasts.
CD Spin Doctor, which is available as part of Roxio’s Toast CD burning software, helps users digitize their LPs and tapes. It includes options for automatically detecting tracks, removing unwanted noise and enhancing sound quality.
MusicMagic Mixer from Predixis is an innovative application that creates “perfect playlists” by analyzing acoustic elements of each song in a user’s music library. The software is said to be able to match your mood with complementary playlists.
Roge Amoeba’s Audio Hijack is a powerful tool that lets users capture and save audio from nearly any application in real-time. Audio Hijack also offers scheduling options to record Internet radio shows and other broadcasts.
iPodderX from Thunderstone Media is the most popular podcast client for Mac OS X. The software lets users easily subscribe to podcasts and have them automatically downloaded to iTunes and synced to an iPod. The latest version, iPodderX 3.0, offers new media aggregation features.
ZappTek’s iSpeak It enables users to convert text-based documents such as web pages into spoken word audio files (MP3 or AAC) using the built-in text-to-speech capabilities of Mac OS X.
The Boom Box will be available from Roxio’s online store on Thursday and will be in retail stores on June 22. The package will come with a $10 rebate for iPod owners as well as coupons and offers from Wiley Books, Audible.com and Belkin.
- Apple ceasing development for Aperture, iPhoto in favor of Photos
- WWDC 2014: All The News You Want To See
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?