Runmeter, Cyclemeter and Walkmeter add Training Plans, iCloud support
Abvio has released version 7.0 of Runmeter, Cyclemeter and Walkmeter its trio of fitness tracking apps, adding a variety of new features including new training plans, stopwatch pages and iCloud support. Built from the same foundation, each of the three apps provides optimized features for running, cycling or walking allowing users to track their workouts recording data such as time, location, distance, elevation and speed which can then be viewed as a series of maps and graphs organized by route and activity across different time periods.
Version 7.0 introduces 5K, 10K, half-marathon and marathon training plans, with the 5K plan specifically designed to help beginning runners work up to their first 5K race over a period of 10 weeks; the 10K, half-marathon and marathon plans built from this base to support running the longer races. Users can also build their own customized training plans in the app for other goals, including walking and cycling plans, and view their plans within the in-app calendar view or synchronize them to the iOS Calendar app.
The new version also introduces a new Stopwatch Pages feature designed to provide quick access to a detailed overview of workout data from a simple swipe across the screen; the display can be configured to include any of 150 statistics along with graphs, maps, splits, intervals and zones’ displays. Stopwatch Pages also includes an integrated music player and stats are colour-coded for quick visualization of data. A History Tab is also now available with a view of recent workouts and performance summaries by various categories such as time period, routes, training plans and more. Users with iOS 5.0 or later can also now use iCloud to backup, restore and transfer their workout data between devices; users can create an automatic backup schedule to save their data to iCloud at regular intervals and can load data onto another device such as an iPad for review and analysis. The database can also now be accessed via iTunes File Sharing for manual backup and restore via iTunes. The three applications Runmeter, Cyclemeter and Walkmeter are sold separately in the App Store for $3 each.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?