Scanner Pro adds iPad support, performance improvements
Readdle has released a major update to Scanner Pro adding native iPad support with a new user interface specifically designed for the new iPad. Originally released in 2009 for the iPhone, Scanner Pro allows users to “scan” documents using their device’s camera, allowing quick and easy capturing of business forms, receipts, paper notes and even handwritten sketches. Advanced image processing allows documents to be captured more effectively than simply taking a photo with a camera app, enhancing image quality for readability and providing such features as automatic edge detection, pre-defined page sizes, and previewing and saving results as PDF files with optional password protection that can then be uploading to services such as Dropbox, Evernote and Google Docs or sent out directly via e-mail.
Scanner Pro 4 is now a universal application with a new iPad user interface and significantly improved image processing performance. The higher-resolution camera on the third-generation iPad provides the ability to take reliable, high-quality scans within the app and the larger screen provides easier access for reading and managing scanned documents with the ability to view and manipulate the full document without the need for zooming and panning. The update also delivers near-instantaneous image processing, with speed enhancements of up to ten times faster than the prior version, allowing users to capture a picture and see a resulting PDF scan on their device in less than a second. Scanner Pro 4 requires iOS 4.3 or later and is available from the App Store for $7.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?