Scanner Pro adds iPad support, performance improvements
Readdle has released a major update to Scanner Pro adding native iPad support with a new user interface specifically designed for the new iPad. Originally released in 2009 for the iPhone, Scanner Pro allows users to “scan” documents using their device’s camera, allowing quick and easy capturing of business forms, receipts, paper notes and even handwritten sketches. Advanced image processing allows documents to be captured more effectively than simply taking a photo with a camera app, enhancing image quality for readability and providing such features as automatic edge detection, pre-defined page sizes, and previewing and saving results as PDF files with optional password protection that can then be uploading to services such as Dropbox, Evernote and Google Docs or sent out directly via e-mail.
Scanner Pro 4 is now a universal application with a new iPad user interface and significantly improved image processing performance. The higher-resolution camera on the third-generation iPad provides the ability to take reliable, high-quality scans within the app and the larger screen provides easier access for reading and managing scanned documents with the ability to view and manipulate the full document without the need for zooming and panning. The update also delivers near-instantaneous image processing, with speed enhancements of up to ten times faster than the prior version, allowing users to capture a picture and see a resulting PDF scan on their device in less than a second. Scanner Pro 4 requires iOS 4.3 or later and is available from the App Store for $7.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?