Scion tC gets iPod-compatible Pioneer stereo option | iLounge News

Scion tC gets iPod-compatible Pioneer stereo option

imageToyota said today that its 2006 Scion tC sports coupe, which begin arriving at Scion dealerships next week, will be available with an audio system upgrade from Pioneer that features iPod integration. The upgrade costs $260, which includes installation.

“Bringing iPod’s legendary experience to the car, a Pioneer AM/FM/CD head unit with iPod control is now available as an all-new accessory upgrade for the 2006 Scion tC,” the company said in a statement. “The tC is the first car in its class to integrate track, artist and album information from the iPod into a one-line display on the head unit’s screen. Connectivity is achieved by simply plugging the iPod into a port via a connector cable, providing outstanding sound quality through the car’s stereo system and constant power to the iPod. Music is controlled through the head unit and steering wheel buttons.”

« iLoungers save 20% on iPed stands

UK magazine seeks iPod stories »

Comments

Just think, you could by this car, and call it your ultimate iPod accessory!  I’m going to wait unitl someone announces personal aircraft with iPod integration before I bite though;-)

Posted by pickme on May 25, 2005 at 2:47 PM (CDT)

Geeze.. Toyota is just kickin’ everybody’s butt!

If you know anything about inexpensive cars the tC is already the best “cheap” car you can buy. Perfomance, refinement and decent styling for 16 grand new? Tough to beat…

Now with a factory integration (always better than aftermarket) of the iPod, makes me want to trade in my Lex IS300.

Congrats Toyota, I’m sure the boys over at GM & Ford just messed their pants again…

~KB

Posted by KamBlazer on May 25, 2005 at 2:59 PM (CDT)

I just looked at a tC last week and I really liked it! I’d pick an xA though, for gas mileage and cargo space.

Steering wheel controls for my iPod, and song display on the dashboard? Great!

Posted by Nagromme on May 25, 2005 at 3:06 PM (CDT)

Reviews for the pioneer-ipod head unit adapter that recently came out weren’t so hot.  Could this basically be the same thing?

Posted by entp24 on May 25, 2005 at 10:23 PM (CDT)

Damn I’m so mad…. I got mah tc about 3 months ago and dey already got the 06 model out….lol….its funny though cuz I’ve had mah ipod pugged into mah car for like a month now I use the airplay adapter in which u synchronize the radio stations and it plays the music from the ipod into the car is pretty neat…...I feel like toyota read my mind…I wonder if I can trade in my 05 model or ad dat feature to mines…..ima call da dealer tomorrow

Posted by elkin on June 19, 2005 at 2:53 AM (CDT)

I bought a tC 3 weeks ago. I Love that car, but i am very upset about this new upgrade, because ,well…i want one any buddy use this thing yet is it worth the 260 $  ???

Posted by Cestes on June 23, 2005 at 10:37 PM (CDT)

I just got my ‘06 tC this weekend, and the iPod integration was already on the model I bought.  I drove it off the lot with my iPod mini plugged in.  The quality of sound, ease of use, and ability to navigate the iPod from the head unit made it a no-brainer.  Kudos to Toyota/Scion and to Pioneer.  The color-changing LCD screen was a nice added feature, too!  $260 well spent.

Posted by SpeakNoSparky on July 4, 2005 at 8:20 PM (CDT)

Well just as an FYI everyone this IPOD adapter is only compatible with the 06 model.  I have an 05 and got the bad news when i tried to upgrade.  I was sol until i traded my 05 for 2006.

Posted by Not Vain on July 5, 2005 at 9:52 PM (CDT)

~~2006 tC black cherry pearl~~

So, you’re telling me that although I have the AUX jack in my tC, I have to buy the $260 upgrade from Scion to actually use it?  Can’t I buy the connector from somewhere else?  HELP!  I need my music… it’s been a week now…

Posted by Confused on July 6, 2005 at 8:53 PM (CDT)

Yes, Ipod accessory is different and sold seperately.  Its a differnt deck also.

Posted by Not vain on July 9, 2005 at 5:52 PM (CDT)

No, thats not quite right

The AUX input is free.  But this isn’t what they’re talking about.  They’re talking about a dock connector cable that will allow you to play and navigate your ipod from an upgraded head unit (which is what costs $260). This is different from the AUX input, which makes you navigate/control music through the ipod (or another mp3 player) itself.  This isn’t quite as nice, but its free.

I just bought a tC (but am still waiting for it to come in) and made sure of all of this.

Both the AUX and iPod connector are inside the center console/armrest between the front seats.  Its actually a very nice setup.  I highly recommend it (as well as the car itself… can’t find a better car for the money than the tC)

Posted by Adam on July 23, 2005 at 1:08 PM (CDT)

i got a 2006 scion flint mica thursday with the ipod upgrade, but for some reason, not a single ipod is working with the connector, anybody have any solutions.

Posted by tom on July 31, 2005 at 10:46 PM (CDT)

Hello all… Like most of you, i have also purchased the 2005 TC model… Having no idea the 2006 model would come out 3 months later i am angry for not waiting. Ok, let me refrase that. Im angry my old Chevy Caviliar didn’t breakdown last week. Now im not sure about the 2006 models; whether they come standard with the new ipod system or if you have to order it. In reference to the 2005 models that don’t come with the new system stock, don’t wait to get it like I did. Just last week, I called my Toyota dealer to order the ipod intergrated Pioneer and found out that its not actually $260 as scion.com puts it. The cost for ipod (sys) is $500+, plus what may be $89 to install. The $260 is the difference in cost while upgrading your system as it is still new. So basically you have to have it ordered and installed at the factory or by your dealer before you even drive the car out the lot.
They will not take a used Pioneer back, so call your dealer for more info… I’m tired of my 1 cd-in-dash player. As you will all agree, it’s just not the same. I’ve been having ipod withdrawal since March 05… Feel my pain. :(

Posted by Warlord on August 2, 2005 at 8:48 AM (CDT)

Note: I’ve been doing some reading and now i’m not even sure if the 2005 models are even upgradable to the new system… so again, call your dealer to make sure!!
-Warlord

Posted by Warlord on August 2, 2005 at 8:56 AM (CDT)

tom. Make sure you updated your ipod to the lastes software version.

Posted by Danny on August 3, 2005 at 2:47 AM (CDT)

I had a 2005 and exchanged for a 2006 tc because the electrical wire harness has been revamped on the 2006 model.  As you will notice the new 2006 model has the volume control at the wheel..  Well the new harness on the 2006 can accomadate this feature!  No 2005 will have upgrade oppurtunities because the plugs are different on the electrical.  I have it installed and it is a seperate IPOD plug and deck that goes into the car when you pay the $289.00.  I have used it and personally the IPOD integration is a great Idea but the deck needs a bit of redesigning because it doesn’t maintain the integrity of the IPOD scrolling so if you have 15k songs on your IPOD proceed with caution because it is not going to be easy to drive and scroll.  Enjoy

Posted by Not Vain! on August 4, 2005 at 9:06 PM (CDT)

I just ordered a 2006 tC so there’s a good chance I shoulda asked before but…where’s the iPod stowed when its connected (glovebox?) and does it charge the iPod too?

Posted by Derek Jones on August 5, 2005 at 9:41 AM (CDT)

The iPod cable plug is in the center arm rest compartment. And yes it charges your iPod.

Posted by Danny on August 5, 2005 at 9:56 AM (CDT)

I work at a dealership and just sold myself a Flint Gray Mica TC with a stick, subwoofer and ipod stereo… Can’t wait until it gets here in a month…

-Joe

Posted by Joe on August 11, 2005 at 4:23 PM (CDT)

I just bought and 06 tc blue and i got the ipod radio and i just bought the ipod this morning. Let me tell you its an awsome feature its worth every penny. It hooks up in your arm rest console and on when you hook it up it comes up with a scion walpaper. Its easy to use on the radio does everything as if your messing with your ipod in your hand. It has great cd quality and you dont have to worry about changing disc or waiting for it to load. It charges it while you are playing or if you just leav it connected in the console. I have to hand it to toyota on this one its a great upgrade.

Posted by Greg on August 23, 2005 at 5:28 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >