Scion tC gets iPod-compatible Pioneer stereo option | iLounge News

Scion tC gets iPod-compatible Pioneer stereo option

imageToyota said today that its 2006 Scion tC sports coupe, which begin arriving at Scion dealerships next week, will be available with an audio system upgrade from Pioneer that features iPod integration. The upgrade costs $260, which includes installation.

“Bringing iPod’s legendary experience to the car, a Pioneer AM/FM/CD head unit with iPod control is now available as an all-new accessory upgrade for the 2006 Scion tC,” the company said in a statement. “The tC is the first car in its class to integrate track, artist and album information from the iPod into a one-line display on the head unit’s screen. Connectivity is achieved by simply plugging the iPod into a port via a connector cable, providing outstanding sound quality through the car’s stereo system and constant power to the iPod. Music is controlled through the head unit and steering wheel buttons.”

« iLoungers save 20% on iPed stands

UK magazine seeks iPod stories »

Comments

As previously stated I ordered it, well it came in today, phenomonal!!! I swear this truly is the best accessorry i have bought to keep my iPod happy…

-Joe

$260 on an already good deal, SOLD…

Posted by Joe on August 26, 2005 at 12:03 PM (PDT)

I just bought a Scion TC 2006 yesterday. I was lucky and didn’t have to order the car there was one on the lot so we bought it. The aux is great but I asked the dealer before purchase about the iPod integration. Being able to control the iPod via the steering wheel was a must. This was a major factor in our purchase. He said yeah you can order it for $260.

Problem: He was wrong, I just found out the the ipod pioneer stereo isn’t $260 as advertised. It is only $260 if you order the car and it comes factory installed. If it is installed after market its $600+

This is a real bummer since the location of the arm rest with iPod access is great.

I hope somone can use this info. P.S. Does anyone know if I can just custom install the Pioneer CD-IB100 into the 2006 scion I just purchased and it still change songs via the steering wheel?

Posted by Jeremy on November 29, 2005 at 2:30 PM (PDT)

does anybody know where the hell i can get a cable for an ipod to plug it into my 2006 scion tc?  please let me know if anyone has any info

Posted by punkfan84 on December 8, 2005 at 10:08 PM (PDT)

I have just ordered a 2006 Scion TC with the iPod upgrade. I have to wait a week or two for the car to come in, and was wondering if I will have to buy a cable to connect my fifth generation iPod to the car. I want to be able to hook it up before I drive it off of the lot. (Yes, I’m very excited!)

Posted by Becky on December 11, 2005 at 9:52 AM (PDT)

My wife bought me a TC on Friday!
It has almost every option, including the iPod/Pioneer stereo.
It’s worth every penny.
I’m sorry for you ‘05 guys/gals - this made me take teh SCION over a handful of other cars!
The only option I passed on was the XM/Serius radio and the electric rearview mirror.
Great car, great iPod action.

Mica Flint ‘06

Scott

Posted by scott boettcher on December 20, 2005 at 7:13 PM (PDT)

PS - Becky - the SCION comes with the cable!
Please post back how it all turns out!

Scott

Posted by scott boettcher on December 20, 2005 at 7:14 PM (PDT)

I just got my ‘06 tC with the iPod upgrade. I love it but I have a major complaint..  There is no way to play an ALBUM through by TRACK number, instead it sorts by song TITLE.  Has anyone else found this to be extremely annoying?? I’m big audiophile and I like to listen to albums in the TRACK order that the artist intended to present them.  Has anyone found a solution, other than adding track numbers by hand before each track title? (01. Title, 02. Title…)

OR, is there some program out there that could add this info to my 100+ gigs of MP3’s automatically?

Posted by Adam on December 25, 2005 at 1:08 PM (PDT)

I just bought a 2006 Scion Tc from South Bay Toyota Scion… now all I need is my Ipod… I have no Idea what Im looking for.. all I know is it has to be a black IPod

Posted by King Kong on March 30, 2006 at 5:52 PM (PDT)

I’m getting an error message"ipod comm.error” everytime I plug in my ipod to my 2007 scion…I reset my ipod still doesnt work…does anyone here had the same problem?...need help….thanks

Posted by benhaur on September 11, 2006 at 10:41 AM (PDT)

I have a scion tc 07 and just purchased an IPOD nano…i see the dock for the IPOD in the center console compartment and was wondering what I need to use to connect my IPOD to this jack. All I have is the USB connector cable from the IPOD that connects to my computer….what do I use?

Posted by Kelly on January 15, 2007 at 3:29 PM (PDT)

i have the scion tc 07 i just got it but i bought it used and i cant figure out how to plug my ipod in, i know the “connector” is in the center console, but is there a cable that goes with it? or can i plug the ipod directly into the car. im thinking the owner beofre me lost the cable if there is one

Posted by help on June 29, 2007 at 11:42 AM (PDT)

I just called Scion Customer Experience Center and they said that the cable should come with the car…

Posted by Tonys (2008Xb) on July 6, 2007 at 4:36 PM (PDT)

I plugged my ipod into my 2008 Scion tC and now my ipod is frozen. can anyone help???

Posted by Kristin on August 17, 2007 at 9:01 AM (PDT)

This may be the stupidest question on here but I just bought my 08 scion tc and am still waiting on the owners manual from the dealer. I know that the IPOD connection is in the console but where in the world is the auxillary connection for a regular mp3 player/ IPOD shuffle?!

Posted by Lisa on August 9, 2008 at 7:32 PM (PDT)

I just bought a used 2006 Scion TC with the pioneer ipod console plug, but when i connect the i-Touch to it, i jsut get and Com error. can anyone tell me what to do?

Posted by ppullion on March 26, 2010 at 1:23 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2