Scosche at 2012 CES: iPhone Cases, Chargers, and Earphones
It looks like Scosche has been busy lately, as the company had plenty of new products to introduce at this year’s International CES. Up first is railKASE, the company’s aluminum and silicone hybrid case for the iPhone 4 and 4S. The contoured metal frame is designed to offer superior protection and comfort, while the rubber skin helps protect from bumps and scratches. It will be available in the first quarter of this year for $60.
Next up are the company’s charging solutions—the reVOLT h2, reVOLT c2, reCOIL II, and reviveLITE III. The reVOLT h2 is a dual USB wall charger offering 2.1A for fast charging of two iPads simultaneously, while the reVOLT c2 packs the two ports into small cigarette lighter adapter-sized body. The reVOLT c2 will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $25, or $35 packed with a cable; pricing and release information for the h2 has yet to be announced.
The reCOIL II is a 2.1A car charger featuring a retractable, three-foot, magnetically locking 30-pin cable, while the reviveLITE III is the latest generation of the company’s combination night light and docking charger, with a side 2.1A USB port for charging an iPad.
Finally, the company is showing off a new range of headphones and earphones, including the REALM RH656md on-ear headphones and REALM IDR676md earphones. The RH656md headphones feature 40mm drivers, copper voice coils, neodymium magnets, leather ear cushions, and ported sound chambers. The IDR676md are a new set of earbuds with 11mm drivers. In addition to the claimed audio quality, the buds are unique in that there’s a bass level slider on the side of the three button remote and mic. The earbuds are priced at $130 and are expected to ship second quarter of 2012; pricing and availability for the RH656md headphones has yet to be announced.
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Logitech introduces new Logi label
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?