Scosche at 2012 CES: iPhone Cases, Chargers, and Earphones
It looks like Scosche has been busy lately, as the company had plenty of new products to introduce at this year’s International CES. Up first is railKASE, the company’s aluminum and silicone hybrid case for the iPhone 4 and 4S. The contoured metal frame is designed to offer superior protection and comfort, while the rubber skin helps protect from bumps and scratches. It will be available in the first quarter of this year for $60.
Next up are the company’s charging solutions—the reVOLT h2, reVOLT c2, reCOIL II, and reviveLITE III. The reVOLT h2 is a dual USB wall charger offering 2.1A for fast charging of two iPads simultaneously, while the reVOLT c2 packs the two ports into small cigarette lighter adapter-sized body. The reVOLT c2 will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $25, or $35 packed with a cable; pricing and release information for the h2 has yet to be announced.
The reCOIL II is a 2.1A car charger featuring a retractable, three-foot, magnetically locking 30-pin cable, while the reviveLITE III is the latest generation of the company’s combination night light and docking charger, with a side 2.1A USB port for charging an iPad.
Finally, the company is showing off a new range of headphones and earphones, including the REALM RH656md on-ear headphones and REALM IDR676md earphones. The RH656md headphones feature 40mm drivers, copper voice coils, neodymium magnets, leather ear cushions, and ported sound chambers. The IDR676md are a new set of earbuds with 11mm drivers. In addition to the claimed audio quality, the buds are unique in that there’s a bass level slider on the side of the three button remote and mic. The earbuds are priced at $130 and are expected to ship second quarter of 2012; pricing and availability for the RH656md headphones has yet to be announced.
- Most screen protectors should work with 3D Touch
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Zagg announces iPad Pro, iPad mini 4 keyboard lineup
- Logitech announces Create keyboard for iPad Pro
- Numerous companies debut iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus cases
- Report: iPhone 6S, iPad Pro to feature ‘3D Touch Display’
- Apple acquires speech tech startup VocalIQ
- iPhone 6s more water-resistant than previous models
- Apple CEO Tim Cook talks privacy to NPR
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?