Scosche at 2012 CES: iPhone Cases, Chargers, and Earphones
It looks like Scosche has been busy lately, as the company had plenty of new products to introduce at this year’s International CES. Up first is railKASE, the company’s aluminum and silicone hybrid case for the iPhone 4 and 4S. The contoured metal frame is designed to offer superior protection and comfort, while the rubber skin helps protect from bumps and scratches. It will be available in the first quarter of this year for $60.
Next up are the company’s charging solutions—the reVOLT h2, reVOLT c2, reCOIL II, and reviveLITE III. The reVOLT h2 is a dual USB wall charger offering 2.1A for fast charging of two iPads simultaneously, while the reVOLT c2 packs the two ports into small cigarette lighter adapter-sized body. The reVOLT c2 will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $25, or $35 packed with a cable; pricing and release information for the h2 has yet to be announced.
The reCOIL II is a 2.1A car charger featuring a retractable, three-foot, magnetically locking 30-pin cable, while the reviveLITE III is the latest generation of the company’s combination night light and docking charger, with a side 2.1A USB port for charging an iPad.
Finally, the company is showing off a new range of headphones and earphones, including the REALM RH656md on-ear headphones and REALM IDR676md earphones. The RH656md headphones feature 40mm drivers, copper voice coils, neodymium magnets, leather ear cushions, and ported sound chambers. The IDR676md are a new set of earbuds with 11mm drivers. In addition to the claimed audio quality, the buds are unique in that there’s a bass level slider on the side of the three button remote and mic. The earbuds are priced at $130 and are expected to ship second quarter of 2012; pricing and availability for the RH656md headphones has yet to be announced.
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Parrot announces 13 new Minidrones
- Incipio acquires ClamCase
- Apple issues recall of Beats Pill XL speaker
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?