Scosche iClops, other accessories debut in 2011 Buyers’ Guide
As always, the Sneak Peeks section of this year’s iPod/iPhone/iPad Buyers Guide features exclusive images of and information on several upcoming accessories. One of this year’s most notable new add-ons is the Scosche iClops. This dock-connecting video and still camera for iPad and iPod touch features a 2.1-Megapixel sensor, 640x480 video capture capability, a 60mm-equivalent auto-focus lens, and a metal enclosure with pivoting plastic base. In addition, Scosche is also seeking a new name for the product, and is holding a renaming contest through December 15, 2010, with a 16GB iPad and Scosche iPad accessory bundle going to the winner. The iClops is expected to launch in March for $130. Another new Scosche product, the solVue, is also expected to ship in March. This follow-up to our 2009 iPhone Speakerphone of the Year retains the solChat II’s solar panel for charging, echo-canceling DSP/mic combination, and windshield/dashboard mounts, but adds a flip-out display to show battery, cellular singal, and pairing information, as well as the names or telephone numbers of incoming callers. It is priced at $110.
Also making its debut in the guide is the Optoma Neo-i Pico Projector. Unlike prior portable projectors that were compatible with Apple’s devices but not specific to them, the Neo-i features a top-mounted dock for the iPod or iPhone with an optional iPad accessory kit in the works, twin 8-Watt speakers, a 50-lumen video projector, a resolution of 854x480, and an HDMI input for connecting an Apple TV or other HD video source. It will ship this month and will sell for $450. In addition to the Neo-i, the Digipower JumpStart Flip and Belkin Grip 360º + Stand will also ship in November. The JumpStart Flip is a combination battery pack and video stand featuring a flip-open, black and silver design, a built-in 3300 mAh rechargeable battery, an included 30-pin charging cable for iPods and iPhones, and LED charging indicators. It will sell for $50. The Grip 360º + Stand is a similarly multi-functional case/stand for the iPad that features a play-through design, and an integrated stand that switches to separate video viewing, picture frame, and typing angles, which also serves as a handheld carrying grip. It will sell for $70.
For more information on these and thousands of other products for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, check out our 2011 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Logitech introduces new Logi label
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?