Scosche iClops, other accessories debut in 2011 Buyers’ Guide
As always, the Sneak Peeks section of this year’s iPod/iPhone/iPad Buyers Guide features exclusive images of and information on several upcoming accessories. One of this year’s most notable new add-ons is the Scosche iClops. This dock-connecting video and still camera for iPad and iPod touch features a 2.1-Megapixel sensor, 640x480 video capture capability, a 60mm-equivalent auto-focus lens, and a metal enclosure with pivoting plastic base. In addition, Scosche is also seeking a new name for the product, and is holding a renaming contest through December 15, 2010, with a 16GB iPad and Scosche iPad accessory bundle going to the winner. The iClops is expected to launch in March for $130. Another new Scosche product, the solVue, is also expected to ship in March. This follow-up to our 2009 iPhone Speakerphone of the Year retains the solChat II’s solar panel for charging, echo-canceling DSP/mic combination, and windshield/dashboard mounts, but adds a flip-out display to show battery, cellular singal, and pairing information, as well as the names or telephone numbers of incoming callers. It is priced at $110.
Also making its debut in the guide is the Optoma Neo-i Pico Projector. Unlike prior portable projectors that were compatible with Apple’s devices but not specific to them, the Neo-i features a top-mounted dock for the iPod or iPhone with an optional iPad accessory kit in the works, twin 8-Watt speakers, a 50-lumen video projector, a resolution of 854x480, and an HDMI input for connecting an Apple TV or other HD video source. It will ship this month and will sell for $450. In addition to the Neo-i, the Digipower JumpStart Flip and Belkin Grip 360º + Stand will also ship in November. The JumpStart Flip is a combination battery pack and video stand featuring a flip-open, black and silver design, a built-in 3300 mAh rechargeable battery, an included 30-pin charging cable for iPods and iPhones, and LED charging indicators. It will sell for $50. The Grip 360º + Stand is a similarly multi-functional case/stand for the iPad that features a play-through design, and an integrated stand that switches to separate video viewing, picture frame, and typing angles, which also serves as a handheld carrying grip. It will sell for $70.
For more information on these and thousands of other products for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, check out our 2011 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Philips debuts first Lightning connector headphones, Fidelio M2L
- Video Review: Waterproof Grace Digital Ecostone and iHome iBN6 speakers
- Withings unveils Home video monitor
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple to reportedly shutter Beats Music? (Update: No)
- Report: iOS 8 adoption rate estimated at 30%
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Belkin WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels