Scosche iClops, other accessories debut in 2011 Buyers’ Guide
As always, the Sneak Peeks section of this year’s iPod/iPhone/iPad Buyers Guide features exclusive images of and information on several upcoming accessories. One of this year’s most notable new add-ons is the Scosche iClops. This dock-connecting video and still camera for iPad and iPod touch features a 2.1-Megapixel sensor, 640x480 video capture capability, a 60mm-equivalent auto-focus lens, and a metal enclosure with pivoting plastic base. In addition, Scosche is also seeking a new name for the product, and is holding a renaming contest through December 15, 2010, with a 16GB iPad and Scosche iPad accessory bundle going to the winner. The iClops is expected to launch in March for $130. Another new Scosche product, the solVue, is also expected to ship in March. This follow-up to our 2009 iPhone Speakerphone of the Year retains the solChat II’s solar panel for charging, echo-canceling DSP/mic combination, and windshield/dashboard mounts, but adds a flip-out display to show battery, cellular singal, and pairing information, as well as the names or telephone numbers of incoming callers. It is priced at $110.
Also making its debut in the guide is the Optoma Neo-i Pico Projector. Unlike prior portable projectors that were compatible with Apple’s devices but not specific to them, the Neo-i features a top-mounted dock for the iPod or iPhone with an optional iPad accessory kit in the works, twin 8-Watt speakers, a 50-lumen video projector, a resolution of 854x480, and an HDMI input for connecting an Apple TV or other HD video source. It will ship this month and will sell for $450. In addition to the Neo-i, the Digipower JumpStart Flip and Belkin Grip 360º + Stand will also ship in November. The JumpStart Flip is a combination battery pack and video stand featuring a flip-open, black and silver design, a built-in 3300 mAh rechargeable battery, an included 30-pin charging cable for iPods and iPhones, and LED charging indicators. It will sell for $50. The Grip 360º + Stand is a similarly multi-functional case/stand for the iPad that features a play-through design, and an integrated stand that switches to separate video viewing, picture frame, and typing angles, which also serves as a handheld carrying grip. It will sell for $70.
For more information on these and thousands of other products for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, check out our 2011 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- Amazon introduces Local Register Secure Card Reader
- Skylanders Trap Team coming to iPad with portal, controller
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today