Scosche iClops, other accessories debut in 2011 Buyers’ Guide
As always, the Sneak Peeks section of this year’s iPod/iPhone/iPad Buyers Guide features exclusive images of and information on several upcoming accessories. One of this year’s most notable new add-ons is the Scosche iClops. This dock-connecting video and still camera for iPad and iPod touch features a 2.1-Megapixel sensor, 640x480 video capture capability, a 60mm-equivalent auto-focus lens, and a metal enclosure with pivoting plastic base. In addition, Scosche is also seeking a new name for the product, and is holding a renaming contest through December 15, 2010, with a 16GB iPad and Scosche iPad accessory bundle going to the winner. The iClops is expected to launch in March for $130. Another new Scosche product, the solVue, is also expected to ship in March. This follow-up to our 2009 iPhone Speakerphone of the Year retains the solChat II’s solar panel for charging, echo-canceling DSP/mic combination, and windshield/dashboard mounts, but adds a flip-out display to show battery, cellular singal, and pairing information, as well as the names or telephone numbers of incoming callers. It is priced at $110.
Also making its debut in the guide is the Optoma Neo-i Pico Projector. Unlike prior portable projectors that were compatible with Apple’s devices but not specific to them, the Neo-i features a top-mounted dock for the iPod or iPhone with an optional iPad accessory kit in the works, twin 8-Watt speakers, a 50-lumen video projector, a resolution of 854x480, and an HDMI input for connecting an Apple TV or other HD video source. It will ship this month and will sell for $450. In addition to the Neo-i, the Digipower JumpStart Flip and Belkin Grip 360º + Stand will also ship in November. The JumpStart Flip is a combination battery pack and video stand featuring a flip-open, black and silver design, a built-in 3300 mAh rechargeable battery, an included 30-pin charging cable for iPods and iPhones, and LED charging indicators. It will sell for $50. The Grip 360º + Stand is a similarly multi-functional case/stand for the iPad that features a play-through design, and an integrated stand that switches to separate video viewing, picture frame, and typing angles, which also serves as a handheld carrying grip. It will sell for $70.
For more information on these and thousands of other products for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, check out our 2011 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards