Sena Cases debuts iPhone cases | iLounge News

Sena Cases debuts iPhone cases

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, July 10, 2007
News Categories: iPhone Accessories

image

Sena Cases has introduced five new handcrafted cases for the iPhone. The Sena Dockable is the first case to allow the iPhone to remain in its case while docking. Other features include a magnetic closure, velvet lining, European Napa leather construction, a ratchet belt clip with removable tab, and openings for the earphone, speaker, and camera. It sells for $52. imageThe MagnetFlipper utilizes a hinged bottom and magnetic fastening system at the top to allow easy access to the iPhone’s screen. It also allows access to all the phone’s ports and buttons, and sells for $52. The Sena LeatherSkin is a form-fitting leather case for the iPhone that provides a tight fit and sells for $42. The Elega Pouch, a standard holster-style case, features a ratchet belt clip, velvet lining, and sells for $40-$50. Finally, the UltraSlim Pouch is a thin, leather and micro suede jacket for the iPhone. It sells for $29. All the cases are available in a variety of colors; the Elega Pouch is available now, the other cases are available for pre-order and are expected to ship August 1.

« JP Morgan: ‘iPhone nano’ coming Q4 [Updated]

iPhones Around the World Giveaway - Winners Announced »

Comments

I preordered the MagnetFlipper because it had a better selection of colors than the Dockable, but I’m not sure how I feel about it flipping down.

I think the flip-style cases are a good solution for iPhones because they allow you to throw the iPhone in your pocket or purse without worrying about the screen, but allow you to still use the iPhone with some protection.

Posted by Bethany on July 10, 2007 at 8:57 AM (PDT)

good grief…....more iPhone cases, how about a bluetooth GPS add on!

Posted by Captain Guano on July 10, 2007 at 11:19 AM (PDT)

How about a bluetooth GPS add-on being something you can’t toss together in two weeks?

And not necessarily all that useful.  I’ve been lost with my iPhone; knowing where I was within ten feet wouldn’t have helped all that much because I can READ STREET SIGNS.  Considering such a widget would bleed power and probably be in the $200+ range, I’ll just type “20 and fuller rd albany” into Maps…and get the same effect.

Posted by dasmb on July 10, 2007 at 11:30 AM (PDT)

I’ve had a Sena case for my PocketPC since 2002 or 03 and it’s great.  I got it at the time because it was dockable and it’s worked like a charm.

The fit and quality are excellent, I’ve always thought they were a good lower-cost alternative to Vaja.

I’m ordering the dockable one for my iPhone now.

Posted by Mike on July 10, 2007 at 11:42 AM (PDT)

i’m looking at the photos of the magnetic and dockable cases on Sema’s website and I don’t see openings for the proximity/light sensors! The sensors like above the ear piece yet the opening is only at the earpiece. If there is no opening for the sensors - this is a major flaw..

Posted by rishio on July 10, 2007 at 12:21 PM (PDT)

Honestly, these cases look like they might get my business.  I’d just love to see a full review on them, especially the dockable one.

Posted by Xlorep DarkHelm on July 10, 2007 at 9:25 PM (PDT)

Here is a message they sent me about the case:

“The Apple iPhone line of Sena Cases have all been redesigned to have two sensor holes above the screen. The new photos of the cases will be added to the website. When the device was released the sensor was spotted and all cases previously made were destroyed and newly designed cases began craftsmanship for delivery per the terms of the pre-order agreement offered at a special rate by Sena Cases.”

Posted by rishio on July 11, 2007 at 10:13 AM (PDT)

The one concern I have about the case is that the back of the case, where your palm grips the iPhone, doesn’t contour smoothly with the iPhone. It looks like the edges will dig into your palm and make it uncomfortable to hold… I’d have to see more pictures..

Posted by rishio on July 11, 2007 at 10:15 AM (PDT)

Rishio,

This is Frank from Sena Cases.
As I mentioned earlier in another forum, those pictures were prototype pictures. We have some more pictures now. The final products actually contour very well with the sides of iPhone. This is actually Sena’s specialty. If you look at all of our designs for any device you will see that   they all contour very well with the device. iPhone cases are same.
I have one and using it. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at support AT senacases DOT com .

Thanks,
Frank

Posted by Frank on July 19, 2007 at 2:44 PM (PDT)

I just received my Sena Iphone Magnet Flipper Case in the mail…I got the Croco Black version with the belt clip, and this is one gorgeous and very functional case for the Iphone…I am very impressed with the quality and design, and the look of the leather is amazing.  Although this case may seem a little pricey compared to other somewhat similiar cases, I think it is well worth the extra cost.  The look and feel of the leather is top notch.  The usb/iphone cable attaches to the Iphone without removing the Iphone from the case, and the Iphone Synched up no problem. You can not use the dock with the magnetic Flipper case, but they make a version where the flip cover flips from the other end where its dockable, I prefer to have the flip at the bottom and then just connect the Iphone using the usb cable without the dock.  In my opinion, if you are looking for a great leather case with a flip cover, this is the one you want to get.

Posted by Gary Berman on August 6, 2007 at 2:46 PM (PDT)

I love my Sena case almost as much as my iPhone. With the Magetflipper I have one less thing to carry or keep track of. Now I have my phone, ipod and wallet all in one item. I grab this and my keys and I am ready to go. The leather is very nice. The quality is much better than the other iPhone cases I checked out. The plastic and rubber cases make the iPhone look cheap in comparison to the leather Sena. It fits nice and goes with everything from casual jeans to more formal clothing. It is well worth the price. The closest thing I have to a complaint is that it makes the iPhone look a bit larger. And that really doesn’t bother me. I also like having access to all the buttoons and ports without removing the iPhone from the case.

Posted by Steve on August 13, 2007 at 8:47 PM (PDT)