Sena Cases unveils iPod product line | iLounge News

Sena Cases unveils iPod product line

pic Sena Cases has announced the release of a new line of cases for Apple’s 4G iPod and iPod photo models. Made of specially selected soft European leather, the new cases are offered in two different designs—with or without a flip cover. They feature a slim design, the ability to sync/charge via the iPod dock, access to all buttons and headphone jack, and a multi-purpose pocket (flip cover model only). The Sena cases are available in nine different colors—black, tan, blue, light blue, red, white, orange, green, and violet. The flip cover model is priced at $36.99, while the non-flip cover model sells for $33.99.

« Sony, Warner Music execs plan to conquer iPod lead

TransPod compatible with iPod photo »

Comments

I hope these are good cases.  I’m getting a black one for Christmas.  I have one of their cases for my Dell Axim and I really like it.

Posted by BulkHedd on December 7, 2004 at 2:53 PM (PDT)

They look cool. The x factor is the quality of the leather and stitching but I really like the design and colors. I like that it fits the dock when the case is on too.

Posted by Surf Monkey in Portland on December 7, 2004 at 4:32 PM (PDT)

I’ve had a white flip cover for my Ipod photo for about a week.  It’s not really dockable, and the dockability is not worth the lack of protection on the lower corners.  Still it was the only white flip cover type case available at the time(until I saw the posting about the iAlbea case—which is 2x the price), and it’s well made and fits well.

Posted by jodj on December 7, 2004 at 8:01 PM (PDT)

What does that mean: “not really dockable”? Is the picture on their website a fake?

Posted by nutella825g on December 7, 2004 at 9:48 PM (PDT)

This is the case I have been waiting for. I have Sena’s ipaq 1940 case and ipod mini case and they are superb. BTW, my 1940 case is really dockable.

jodj, it looks like you are just trying to promote some $85 case but it is actually hurting your product. Sena ipod photo case just came out and I ordered one. I will let you know.

Posted by DWilliam on December 7, 2004 at 10:34 PM (PDT)

Thanks

Posted by nutella825g on December 8, 2004 at 10:27 AM (PDT)

I’m not trying to promote anything.  I own a Sena, and no nothing about that other case other than it is twice of expensive.  I’ve been waiting for a white leather case for some time (own a 1G and a 3G).  i was simply saying that there is another one out there .

As for dockability—try it for yourself, but I find it a very tight fit (as I mentioned, I’ve had the case for a week already)- and forcing the Ipod into the dock actually started to scuff up the leather.  That’s what I mean about “not really dockable”.  So, I’ve been syncing and charging with the cable only.  As I said, i would have preferred more protection on the lower corners.

Posted by jodj on December 8, 2004 at 7:52 PM (PDT)

I just got the following response to an email I sent to Sena asking about the “dockability” of this case:

“Yes, you can fit it in the iPod dock with the iPod in the case. It might be difficult in the beginning, However it gets better after the braek-in period of the leather.”

Posted by redsoxnation in USA on December 14, 2004 at 6:56 AM (PDT)