Sena intros new leather case for 5G iPods | iLounge News

Sena intros new leather case for 5G iPods

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, December 6, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageSena Cases has announced its “Video Dockable Case” for Apple’s fifth-generation iPod. The leather case features a flip-top design with hidden magnetic closure, Bantam belt clip, and provides access to all controls and ports. In addition, the $40 case is dockable, allowing users to charge/sync their iPod without removing it from the case. The Sena case is available in both 30GB and 60GB sizes, and comes in black, tan, red, royal blue, light blue, magenta, green, orange, yellow, brown, and white.

« Real’s Rob Glaser: Apple’s Steve Jobs is ‘pigheaded’

NBC iTunes deal announced; Video sales top 3 million »

Comments

So how do they manage the trick of having it dockable without removing the case? Is is the case super-thin or something?

Posted by Countach on December 6, 2005 at 9:01 PM (PDT)

Hm. Just got my Agent 18, but I’m liking the magenta Sena. Might have to treat myself(again).

Posted by podeluxe on December 6, 2005 at 9:47 PM (PDT)

If only the corners had protection…

Posted by ericboo on December 7, 2005 at 7:17 AM (PDT)

I own one of these for my 4G.  The corners do not have protection (at least on the bottom) because this would make the case too wide to dock.  I am happy with it, not too thin, but still dockable.  As for my 5G… I splurged and ordered a Vaja rather than giving Sena a go again.

Posted by mretzak on December 7, 2005 at 9:04 AM (PDT)

Does anyone know if the belt clip is removable?

Posted by birdgal on December 14, 2005 at 5:08 PM (PDT)

Does the fact that it has a magnetic enclosure, and that the ipod contains a hard drive bother anyone?

Paul

Posted by Paul on December 26, 2005 at 10:13 PM (PDT)