SendStation announces PocketDock FireWire-to-iPod adapter
German based SendStation has developed the PocketDock, a standard 6-pin FireWire cable to docking iPod adapter. The tiny device allows you to utilize exisiting accessories such as car chargers for old iPods. PocketDock is available for pre-order at $16.95 and is expected to ship at the end of July.
Frankfurt/Main, Germany — July 09, 2003 — Sendstation Systems today announced the PocketDock, an indispensable companion for Apple’s sensational and wildly successful new iPod MP3 player. The PocketDock is smaller than a box of matches and allows a standard 6-pin FireWire cable to connect to the iPod’s proprietary docking port, giving the user the freedom and independence she has come to expect from her iPod.
“When you’re on the road with your new iPod,” says André Klein, SendStation Systems founder, “and you want to connect to another Mac or PC to exchange files or just to charge the battery, you’ll probably find that you didn’t bring the special docking cable — it’s at home connected to your computer. The PocketDock, small enough to carry anywhere, is a simple and elegant solution.”
As an additional benefit, the PocketDock lets you use accessories with your new iPod that were designed for previous models, such as car chargers.
The PocketDock’s elegant design is a perfect match for the iPod, and it fits in your wallet.
Pricing & Availability
The PocketDock will be available starting in July for $16.95 (SRP) directly from SendStation Systems and from authorized dealers worldwide. Customers are able to pre-order their PocketDock immediately on the web site at www.sendstation.com
About SendStation Systems
SendStation Systems, located in Frankfurt/Main, Germany, was founded in 1997. Its first product, the Mac-based SendStation Videofax turn-key video transmission system, was installed world-wide at leading advertising agencies and their clients, such as Saatchi & Saatchi, BBDO, Audi and Wrigley. It enabled them to transmit video clips in VHS quality within minutes anywhere on the globe.
The PocketDock is SendStation’s first hardware consumer product. Further exciting products are currently under development.
For further information or product photography, contact www.sendstation.com
iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. FireWire and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- OtterBox acquires LifeProof
- Moshi debuts aluminum USB Cable with Lightning Connector
- Jays debuts a-Jays Five earphones
- Geneva debuts Model S Wireless, phases out Model S
- Shure debuts SE846 Quad Driver Earphones
- Klipsch releases KMC 3 Bluetooth speaker
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Apple drops refurbished fourth-gen iPad, mini prices
- Judge: US can show Apple e-book pricing conspiracy
- AT&T’s GoPhone to add LTE/HSPA+ support for iPhone
- Report: iOS 7 ‘black, white, and flat all over’
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- Lynktec TruGlide Pro Precision Stylus
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Costs associated with using FaceTime
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore