SendStation announces PocketDock FireWire-to-iPod adapter
German based SendStation has developed the PocketDock, a standard 6-pin FireWire cable to docking iPod adapter. The tiny device allows you to utilize exisiting accessories such as car chargers for old iPods. PocketDock is available for pre-order at $16.95 and is expected to ship at the end of July.
Frankfurt/Main, Germany — July 09, 2003 — Sendstation Systems today announced the PocketDock, an indispensable companion for Apple’s sensational and wildly successful new iPod MP3 player. The PocketDock is smaller than a box of matches and allows a standard 6-pin FireWire cable to connect to the iPod’s proprietary docking port, giving the user the freedom and independence she has come to expect from her iPod.
“When you’re on the road with your new iPod,” says André Klein, SendStation Systems founder, “and you want to connect to another Mac or PC to exchange files or just to charge the battery, you’ll probably find that you didn’t bring the special docking cable — it’s at home connected to your computer. The PocketDock, small enough to carry anywhere, is a simple and elegant solution.”
As an additional benefit, the PocketDock lets you use accessories with your new iPod that were designed for previous models, such as car chargers.
The PocketDock’s elegant design is a perfect match for the iPod, and it fits in your wallet.
Pricing & Availability
The PocketDock will be available starting in July for $16.95 (SRP) directly from SendStation Systems and from authorized dealers worldwide. Customers are able to pre-order their PocketDock immediately on the web site at www.sendstation.com
About SendStation Systems
SendStation Systems, located in Frankfurt/Main, Germany, was founded in 1997. Its first product, the Mac-based SendStation Videofax turn-key video transmission system, was installed world-wide at leading advertising agencies and their clients, such as Saatchi & Saatchi, BBDO, Audi and Wrigley. It enabled them to transmit video clips in VHS quality within minutes anywhere on the globe.
The PocketDock is SendStation’s first hardware consumer product. Further exciting products are currently under development.
For further information or product photography, contact www.sendstation.com
iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. FireWire and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
- Apogee intros JAM 96k guitar interface, MiC 96k
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- Sanction-seeking Apple publicly disclosed Nokia terms
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Fonesalesman iQi Mobile Wireless Charging Receiver
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone