SendStation announces preorder for PocketDock FireWire adapter | iLounge News

SendStation announces preorder for PocketDock FireWire adapter

pic German company SendStation has announced that it is accepting preorders for the PocketDock FireWire adapter for 3G iPods.

“The tiny device allows a standard 6-pin FireWire cable to connect to the iPod

Press release

Frankfurt/Main, Germany

Comments

Didn’t the price used to be around $10? Or did I just not remember correctly…

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on August 27, 2003 at 12:24 AM (CDT)

Guess not. Nevermind…

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on August 27, 2003 at 12:26 AM (CDT)

good idea i bet every one is going want one

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on August 27, 2003 at 6:36 AM (CDT)

Yeah but the price is a bit spicy! For a $1 more i could get another cable! (and it was 10 as i recall)

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on August 27, 2003 at 7:30 AM (CDT)

It wasn’t $10, it was always $16.95 (check the archives for July 8th).

I’ve upgraded from the 10 to the 20 then to the 30 GB, so I have a few firewire cables just lying around - plus the old car charger - so for me, this makes sense, rather than buying all new accessories.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on August 27, 2003 at 8:30 AM (CDT)

My 15 giger is my first so to me this is a useless accessory.

It is better to buy a cable!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on August 27, 2003 at 8:52 AM (CDT)

> It is better to buy a cable!

Well, I think the advantage is the small size. I’d rather carry this thing around than a bulky cable. And no matter where you go, you’ll almost always find a standard FW cable (at least at Mac places).

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on August 27, 2003 at 10:13 AM (CDT)

i wish they had one in the exact oppisite (dock to firewire) so 2g ipoders could use the dock or the battery pack

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on August 27, 2003 at 12:58 PM (CDT)

This would be incredibly useful, but its rather expensive for a device this simple, don’t ya’ll think so?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on August 27, 2003 at 5:25 PM (CDT)

It is expensive but I imagine the royalties to Apple are not inconsiderable. Also, the money I poured into iPod accessories for the 1st and 2nd generation iPod’s will make this worth its cost. One car charger costs a lot more.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on August 27, 2003 at 9:57 PM (CDT)

Ok, what I really really wish they had done was make a little converter that simply gives a line out (clean, unamplified)...that way you can use your ipod with stereos without needing to carry around the darn dock!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on August 28, 2003 at 1:20 PM (CDT)