SendStation intros iPod Dock Extender for iPod | iLounge News

SendStation intros iPod Dock Extender for iPod

image

SendStation Systems has announced the Dock Extender, a new iPod add-on that lets users dock and connect an iPod to accessories—such as speaker systems, FM transmitters and voice recorders—without removing the device from its case. The Dock Extender is designed to work with all iPod cases with a dock connector opening. A matching Universal Dock insert is included. The Dock Extender will be available next month; pricing as yet to be determined.

« Mix: Teacher unions, Apple TV video, EMI, Sirius-XM

Wall Street Journal reports on iPhone’s birth »

Comments

Love it! As a new iPod user, I was surprised to find one did not already exist!

I would actually like to see this in a cable design, but I will give this a hard look with my EVO3 case.

~CMT

Posted by Campmaster Tom on February 22, 2007 at 2:56 AM (CST)

It’s funny. I sent a product suggestion for this very device to several manufacturers sometime ago. I didn’t send it to Sendstation Systems, Good job guys! It’s such a great and obvious idea it seems odd that it took so long for someone to make it. All I can say is GREAT! and I hope the price is reasonable?

Posted by iJavaJoe on February 23, 2007 at 1:00 AM (CST)

This is useless for anything that has a deep cradle like the inMotion IM7 as well or any other thing that uses a deep cradle. Not to sure why they created an extender with such limited use for most of us in need of one.

Posted by Frank on March 3, 2007 at 10:06 PM (CST)

$28.00! I know that companies like to make a healthy profit on ipod accessories, but come on.

Posted by Steve on April 1, 2007 at 10:48 PM (CDT)

Has this been tested with Vaja cases?  I’m wondering if it will fit through the bottom of the case.

Posted by Darren on April 7, 2007 at 8:40 PM (CDT)

Just received mine today and this brilliant gadget is what I’ve been missing.  No more taking my pod out of it’s plastic case and silicone skin.  Just plug in the extender and sit it on my dock!  Weeeehaaaaa!

Posted by entogeek on April 17, 2007 at 11:30 PM (CDT)

c’monnnnn sendstation¡¡¡ ¡¡¿28,95 dollars?¡¡ it’s tooooooo expensive for that, and 28,95 dollars it’s not 28,95 euros, just 21,35, ¿are you joking sendstation?

Posted by gonzalo on April 18, 2007 at 3:30 AM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2