SendStation ships Dock Extender, relaunches smartCharge | iLounge News

SendStation ships Dock Extender, relaunches smartCharge

image

SendStation Systems has announced that its iPod Dock Extender is now shipping. The $29 accessory allows users to dock an iPod or attach dock-mounted accessories without removing the device from its case. SendStation has also relaunched its smartCharge iPod car charger with a lower price and new cable. The smartCharge, which now sells for $25, comes with a special audio-enabled USB-iPod Sync/Charge cable. “It provides superior quality sound through smartCharge’s built-in Line Out jack, for direct connections to the Aux In jack found on many car stereos,” according to the company.

« Amosu offering 24 carat gold iPod

Apple CEO likely to avoid criminal charges in options probe »

Comments

Good item all ready got one. It does have some draw backs, it doesn’t work in all docking stations. You know how there is almost flush docks and docks that are deeper. Well it only works with the almost flush docks. I have the viewsonic 22in wide screen with the IPod dock and this will not work with it.

Shameless

Posted by Shameless1 on April 23, 2007 at 11:05 AM (CDT)

Does anyone know whether this will work with the Contour Showcase for the iPod Video 80g?

Thanks,

H.

Posted by Harold on April 23, 2007 at 2:35 PM (CDT)

This things works great!  I’m finally able to use some of the docks and speakers that I had for my 3rd Gen Ipod.  I have a Contour Showcase for my 60g Video Ipod and it works fine..so I’d imagine that it would work just fine for the Contour Showcase for the 80g.

Posted by tycol25 on April 23, 2007 at 5:26 PM (CDT)

Considering the Showcase for the 60gb is the same as the one for the 80?  I’d say so.  (she says, looking at the packaging for the one she bought over the weekend…)

Posted by tashabear on April 23, 2007 at 8:05 PM (CDT)

Does the wire frame that it leans on ONLY work with the universal docks?  I have an iHome alarm clock and a couple of other off-brand dock-like items that I’d like to use it with.  I know that the wire frame is separate from the small, white extension piece, but I’d hate to only use the white extension with no extra support.

Posted by teacher24_70 on April 23, 2007 at 11:06 PM (CDT)

The wire frame will not work with the deeper docks.

Posted by Shameless1 on April 24, 2007 at 12:55 AM (CDT)

In response to teacher24_70’s question:  I must sadly say that the extension does NOT work with the iHome alarm clock.  I bought the extension specifically for use with my iHome, and upon its arrival, no dice.  The adapter itself will work, but the wire support is absolutely incompatible.  I’m currently in the process of trying to create some kind of homemade support backing, so I can use the adapter, and not waste my $30.00!

Posted by PodHombre on April 24, 2007 at 10:08 AM (CDT)

I got mine over a week ago and promptly used it for an in car Ipod dock for my VW Jetta…

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~oenx0001/Car Pics/

If anyone need the dock adapter or wire frame let me know and I’ll send it to them for free (you pay shipping)!

Posted by shawn oen on April 24, 2007 at 7:09 PM (CDT)

tashabear—-

Yes, the dock extender works with the Contour Design case for the 60/80 GB iPod.  I use it in the Apple universal dock with this case and it works beautifully.

I absolutely love this item!

Posted by Clarke on April 25, 2007 at 9:19 AM (CDT)

Just in FYI looks like the dock extender also has problems with FM transmitters as well. I have tried 2 and both cut in out, while using it.

Shameless

Posted by Shameless1 on April 29, 2007 at 2:32 PM (CDT)

As a follow up to the other comments (thanks to those who responded to my initial inquiry, Comment 2 above) I did get the unit and it works *perfectly* with the Bose iPod kit.

Harold

Posted by Harold on May 2, 2007 at 4:55 PM (CDT)