Sennheiser intros four new in-ear earphones | iLounge News

Sennheiser intros four new in-ear earphones

image

Sennheiser has introduced its latest in-ear earphones, which join the company’s Classic, Street, and Style lines. The CX 400 and 500 join the Classic line, and both include a pouch, cord winder, cable clip, and ear adapters. The CX 400 feature a short cord, extension cable, and sell for $100. The CX 500 feature a wider frequency response, special flange ear adapters for a better seal, and will be available in glossy black, glossy white, or titanium for $130. The CX 55 Street features boosted low-frequency response, a reflective blue casing, an angled arm to help with cord routing, and will include ear fittings and a pouch for $80. Finally, the CX 95 Style features a metallic look, balanced sound, a short cord, extension cable, comes with a hard-shell case and ear adapters, and will sell for $140. All four models will be available later this month; continue reading for more photos of the new earphones.

image

image

image

« Apple releases iPod software version 1.0.1 for nano 3G, classic

Mix: Euro iPhone, iFlop, Palm, News Corp. »

Comments

If my Sony EX-71s ever crap out, I’ll check out the CX 400. smile

Posted by Galley on September 14, 2007 at 6:02 PM (PDT)

i really just can’t understand the short cord with the extension thing. is there some reason why they can’t make the cord long enough so that the extension isn’t necessary for normal use? why does it always have to be just short enough to be useless. and it’s always 2.5 feet too long with the extension. i don’t see any logic in trying to run with $100 IEMs. stupid design - ruins the sale for me.

Posted by Hobo on September 14, 2007 at 7:33 PM (PDT)

i really just can’t understand the short cord with the extension thing.

If Sennheiser offers different cord lengths as optional accessories later on (or even now, for all I know), then it would make some sense. Just as long as they don’t try to mimic the stupid, useless PTH cord (at least for me) that Shure did with the e500 and SE530…

Posted by flatline response on September 14, 2007 at 8:32 PM (PDT)

Dammit… I wish they had this at the Apple Store today when I got my $100 rebate. I couldn’t decide on anything in there so I settled for the V-Moda headset

Posted by AZ on September 14, 2007 at 11:00 PM (PDT)

Thank goodness Sennheiser do the short cords (one of the few that do). Perfect for anyone using a remote (as on my 3G ipod and my Sony minidisc). I have a pair of CX300’s and even that short cord is actually a bit too long.
With an extension you have the best of both worlds.

Posted by ADE on September 14, 2007 at 11:52 PM (PDT)

Meant to say my Sony headphone with a short cord are ideal but my CX300’s are too long!

Too many headphones I get confused, but I stick with my support of short cords.

Posted by ADE on September 14, 2007 at 11:56 PM (PDT)

The CX500 verge on amazon’s Etymotic ER4p’s price. For that price I have heard *nothing* similar. Even my SE530’s are pretty equal to the ER4P’s.

<- seriously considering selling my SE530’s for ER4P’s.

Posted by NewSc2 on September 15, 2007 at 2:28 AM (PDT)

Short cords are perfect for the iPod shuffle.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on September 15, 2007 at 12:22 PM (PDT)

My one gripe with most headphones is why can’t anyone come up with independent volume sliders for each side…

there are a lot of people like me that do not have equal hearing on both sides. I ended up having to get an adaptor (6ft which I had shortened to 1.5ft) just to adjust the volume accordingly on each side.

Posted by Olarte on September 15, 2007 at 6:20 PM (PDT)

Independent sliders???  Oh, boy.  That’s a feature that’s gonna sell millions of extra earbuds.  How about putting a thin piece of tissue in one earpiece to balance out the volume?
I’m not mocking your suggestion, but I can assure you independent sliders as a common feature is not gonna happen.  I guess you’ve already tried cleaning out both ears.

Posted by Constable Odo on September 16, 2007 at 8:33 AM (PDT)

I use to have Walkman tape and Walkman minidisc players which allowed the balance between the headphones to be changed to compensate for poor hearing on one side.  I miss this a great deal as my left ear has slightly less audiability than my right and often music seems poorly balanced without this function.  I’m surprised Apple still haven’t added this to the iPods.

Posted by Sir Alien on September 16, 2007 at 12:23 PM (PDT)

Cool stuff.

Posted by [email protected] on September 16, 2007 at 1:48 PM (PDT)

Looks like will worth it to upgrade over CX300 and higher price mean maybe more balanced sound.

Posted by shehzad on September 16, 2007 at 3:45 PM (PDT)

Etymotics’ ER4p is about the best IEM you can buy for audio quality between $100 and $300 (seriously). Its only shortcoming (and even this is a matter of personal taste) is it’s very light on the bass side, which will turn a lot of casual listeners off.

Short headphone/IEM cords are, as Galley said, great for the Shuffle.

Also, as Galley says, if my Sony EX-Whatevers crap out, I’ll give the 500s a whirl.

Meow.

Posted by Tommy B. on September 17, 2007 at 7:06 AM (PDT)