Sennheiser rolls out apt-X Bluetooth headphones for iPod, iPhone
Sennheiser has introduced two new Bluetooth stereo headphones and a new Bluetooth dongle for iPod and iPhone, all featuring the apt-X audio codec. Apt-X was designed to work within the Bluetooth A2DP profile to enhance sound quality; the developer claims it delivers CD-quality sound and a high degree of error resilience despite the inherent bandwidth restrictions. The PXC 310 BT is Sennheiser’s new flagship Bluetooth headphone, offering NoiseGuard 2.0 active noise canceling, a TalkThrough feature to allow for short conversations while the headphones are still on the listener’s ears, a foldable design, neodymium drivers, patented Duofol diaphragms, an included carrying case, rechargeable lithium polymer batteries, and on-board controls.
The PX 210 BT portable model also features on-board controls, as well as a foldable design, rechargeable lithium polymer battery, and apt-X audio decoding, but lacks the 310’s NoiseGuard active noise canceling feature. Finally, the BTD 300 is a Made for iPod- and Works With iPhone-certified Bluetooth dongle for the iPod and iPhone, capable of adding apt-X A2DP audio transmission functionality to any Dock Connecting model, including iPods and iPhones without integrated stereo Bluetooth support. The BTD 300 is not needed, however, for the PXC 310 BT and PX 210 BT to work with iPods and iPhones that already offer Bluetooth support, or with older iPods via an existing Bluetooth adapter. Sennheiser’s new PXC 310 BT and PX 210 BT headphones are expected to hit stores this month for an undetermined price; pricing and release information for the BTD 300 have yet to be announced.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?