Set iPod to ‘Random’ and take a walk | iLounge News

Set iPod to ‘Random’ and take a walk

I set my iPod to ‘Random’ and took off on a quick walk around the ‘hood(s). To be really annoying, I wrote down the song title and artist info of every song that I was listening to when I took a photo. The point? No point at all!

Editor’s note: Kenny’s photos and the songs remind me of those times when you hear a song and the lyrics relate to a current situation, place or thing. For example, you’re driving by the ocean and appropriately enough a song about the ocean is playing. Coincidence? I’m sure this has happened to many of you as well.

« Over 1 Million Copies of iTunes for Windows Downloaded

Mac: Text Reader 1.2.1 Released »

Comments

That was cool!  Now if I only had a camera I would try to recreate this.  Maybe there should be a forum for just this.

Posted by Judd on October 19, 2003 at 10:30 PM (CDT)

How is that news at all? Come on people, post pointless things like this in the forums, but don’t clutter the front page with useless crap. It should be for valid news only.

Posted by fred on October 19, 2003 at 11:43 PM (CDT)

This is not a news, nor anything worth reading.

Posted by Bob on October 20, 2003 at 1:01 AM (CDT)

I think its very artful.

Posted by Basara on October 20, 2003 at 3:36 AM (CDT)

“artful”?  (runs to check his dictionary…)

Posted by Nathan Adams on October 20, 2003 at 5:54 AM (CDT)

Well, this is the “lounge”, no PodNN so I think it fits in.

Posted by kainjow on October 20, 2003 at 8:31 AM (CDT)

thanks for all the feedback
the photos weren’t meant to be artsy or anything, just walking around with a camera on a Sunday afternoon basically

i’ll be doing it again next weekend, so check out the site and let me know what you think

thanks

kenny | seatback upright

Posted by kenny on October 20, 2003 at 8:56 AM (CDT)

The front page is saturated with ads and overflow of commercialism. It’s good to see something that doesn’t cost anything.

Posted by Wagee on October 20, 2003 at 12:35 PM (CDT)

You bought an iPod! You ARE Commercialism!

Posted by Alex Stapleton on October 20, 2003 at 3:58 PM (CDT)

I agree with ‘fred’, this is a news area, don’t clog it with useless chat. That’s what the forums are for.

Posted by mongoos150 on October 20, 2003 at 6:20 PM (CDT)

Hello nerds, virgins, and internet elitists. If this “news” is useless to you, just ignore or pretend that it isn’t there. What is useless to you might be not to others. Just think that you’re not the only person browsing here.

Posted by Newman on October 21, 2003 at 9:46 AM (CDT)

I agree. Sometimes I am amazed how many people here rip on everything! As amazing as the ipod is I doubt there is news everyday that is cutting edge for everyone. I think this sight has tons of information and sometimes it’s not for everyone, but as Newman said just ignore it!

Posted by Del Griffith on October 21, 2003 at 6:08 PM (CDT)

Interesting that I saw this because I do the same thing.  Although I generally take the photo and music together because it ‘feels right.’  still, i like it.

Posted by fonebone23 on October 22, 2003 at 1:00 PM (CDT)

you know - thank you.
I miss New York (I now iive in LA) and it was really cool to see candid photos of the city.
for what it’s worth, thanks for that trip down memory lane

Posted by coramari on June 22, 2004 at 1:59 AM (CDT)