Settlement benefits for iPod battery lawsuit dated
Girard Gibbs, the law firm representing consumers in the iPod battery class-action lawsuit, has released a timeframe for the distribution of settlement benefits. The settlement was approved by a judge in August, appealed in November by two individuals, and finalized in late December. As a result of the appeal, the firm said, Apple and the Claims Administrator had to delay the process of fulfilling claims. Below is the new timeframe for the settlement benefits.
February 17, 2006 - The Claims Administrator will mail $25 checks to Class Members who purchased the AppleCare Protection Plan and obtained battery repair/replacement under the AppleCare Protection Plan.
Beginning of March 2006 - For Class members who own a First or Second Generation iPod and who selected the $25 cash payment, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing $25 checks to those who submitted valid claims.
Middle of March 2006 - For Class members who own a Third Generation iPod and who selected battery/iPod replacement, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing letters containing instructions for battery/iPod replacement to those who submitted valid claims.
Middle of March 2006 - For Class members who own a First, Second or Third Generation iPod and who selected a $50 store credit, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing letters with certificate codes for the $50 store credit to those who submitted valid claims.
Around March 17, 2006 - The Claims Administrator will begin sending deficiency letters to Class members who submitted an incomplete/incorrect claim.
End of March 2006 - The Claims Administrator will send denial letters to those individuals who do not fit the class definition or who submitted their claims past the claims deadline.
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Device able to access iOS 8.1 through brute-force attack
- Microsoft to bring Cortana to iOS
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 3 to developers (Update: iOS 8.3 Public Beta also released)
- Apple releases iOS 8.2
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?