ShadesCases unveils Shades for iPhone 3G | iLounge News

ShadesCases unveils Shades for iPhone 3G

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, August 29, 2008
News Categories: iPhone Accessories

image

ShadesCases has introduced its new Shades for iPhone 3G. Shades for iPhone 3G are made from 100% polyurethane, measure only .4mm thick, and offer built-in clear screen protection, while allowing for full usability of the iPhone’s touch screen and full access to all ports and controls. Shades for iPhone 3G are available now in 11 different colors, and sell for $17 each.

« Still time to enter the iDuo Dock Giveaway

Our weekly iPodweek summary is coming later today »

Comments

hmm… its too new for me to buy it.  looks really nice but im still unsure.

ilounge, is there a review coming for this anytime soon?

Posted by Eddy on August 29, 2008 at 1:49 PM (PDT)

I ordered this case.  Got it in the mail today, and I must say I don’t like it at all.  It is a pain in the ### to get on (and off) and it makes the phone look really cheap…  Not at all what I was hoping.

Posted by Scott Dempsey on September 4, 2008 at 11:12 AM (PDT)

I have to agree with Scott. Total waste of money and not at all what I expected. I’m trying to get a refund.

DO NOT BUY THESE!

Posted by Chris on September 4, 2008 at 4:51 PM (PDT)

These are garbage plain and simple. Took it off within 2 minutes.

Complete garbage.

Save your money

Posted by Technogugu on September 4, 2008 at 9:38 PM (PDT)

I wish I waited long enough to read the other comments to stay away from the cases.

The colors are not even remotely close to what is pictured above. I also could have done a better job cutting the openings on the case for things like the hold switch.

I’ve only had them for a few minutes, but I’m just immediately disappointed. I don’t even care about durability.

Posted by Squeak Foo on September 5, 2008 at 3:01 PM (PDT)

EEwwww!  I just received mine in the mail and bought both the orange and black Shades.  They are CRAP!  They look cheap and I’m going to send mine back for a refund.  I don’t like the way they feel-its like putting on a thick ziplock bag on your iPhone 3G.  Don’t buy these.  They suck!

Posted by Walt on September 5, 2008 at 3:52 PM (PDT)

I have ordered one and it has been shipped already.

Will see how it looks, there is a video on YouTube and it looks OK there.

Now you have got me all worried.

Posted by Grrr on September 7, 2008 at 7:59 PM (PDT)

I dont agree, I ordered 2 cases for the 3G and one for the iphone and both me and my wife love them, maybe colour choice is the important part, I bought the black and clear and blue ones for the 3G they both look great, and so much easier to put in my top pocket.

Posted by tom on September 16, 2008 at 12:25 AM (PDT)