Shakespeare’s Sonnets on your iPod | iLounge News

Shakespeare’s Sonnets on your iPod

Westering has released Shakespeare’s Sonnets as Notes as a free download. Instructions for downloading to iPod are available on the website.

« RIAA sues 532 music downloaders

Members of Parliamant in UK vote on iPod battery issue »

Comments

This looks neat.

How much space will it take up once on an iPod—more than a music CD or less?  Anyone know?

Posted by Willy S. on January 21, 2004 at 10:07 PM (CST)

I downloaded it and installed. It takes up about 1.2 meg. Not large at all. It’s very cool actually! I’m not sure how long I’ll leave them on my pod but it will be nice to get familiar with the sonnets again.

Posted by Chris on January 21, 2004 at 10:56 PM (CST)

It only takes up 186 kb. I’d say that’s pretty managable.

Posted by Erik on January 22, 2004 at 5:14 AM (CST)

Yep. You’re right. I was looking at the ‘get info’ size on my desktop. Stupid Mac reports it as 1.2 meg due to block size wasted space. The actual size seems to be 191kb. Not exactly sure how much space it takes up on the pod though.

Posted by Chris on January 22, 2004 at 10:08 AM (CST)

It would be amazing if they provided an index file for those using a main.linx file, but its free so i’m not complaining!

Posted by Billy Sardar on January 22, 2004 at 10:16 AM (CST)

I put it on…...and it’s free!

Posted by Harvey on January 22, 2004 at 1:48 PM (CST)

I love to hear her speak, yet
well I know
That music hath a far more
pleasing sound

Posted by langdonauger on January 22, 2004 at 6:40 PM (CST)

I downloaded mine on a 20G.  I’m thrilled with the small size of the file, but there does seem to be something weird.  Now when I click Extras, then Notes, it takes about 15 seconds for the iPod to load the notes.  I can hear the hard drive spinning and growling.  Is it normal for the iPod to have more trouble with Notes than music?  (Mine loads each song lickety-split).

Thanks!

Posted by Jeff on January 23, 2004 at 9:57 PM (CST)