Share your tunes with XtremeMac Audio Splitter | iLounge News

Share your tunes with XtremeMac Audio Splitter

pic XtremeMac today announced the Audio Splitter for iPod. The $12.95 accessory allows you to share music from your iPod with another listener. It works with the 3G and 4G iPod, iPod photo and iPod mini. The splitter allows free access to the iPod hold switch and requires no batteries, and does not draw power or lessen the iPod’s battery life.

« Mix: UK iTMS, Snocap, Gruber, ASU, Pogue

iPod unit sales up 370 percent in 2004; 4.4 million sold »

Comments

access to the hold switch, no batteries?

i have never seen a splitter that didnt have any of those features.

i never cease to be amazed at how much they can sell things like this for because they’re for the ipod.

also, battery life would be reduced, since you are driving 2 sets of headphones.

Posted by zip22 on December 3, 2004 at 11:32 AM (CST)

this must be over 6X better then the 1.97 belkin walmart model…i should go buy a 10 so my self and ten of my closest friends can listen to 25 seconds of ym favorite mucis befroe the battery dies or we all entangle ourselves and die!

Posted by rivlinm in saint louis on December 3, 2004 at 12:08 PM (CST)

I bought the Monster headphone splitter so that my girlfriend and I could both listen to my iPod when we fly. But, I really can’t stand it, as it drops the headphone power to a level that I find unacceptable (it’s not only the volume that suffers, the sound dynamics are diminshed as well). I’d be happy with a splitter that draws a little extra battery power if it could drive two sets of headphones without a loss of sound quality. Something tells me that this isn’t going to give me that.

Posted by JimmyJ on December 3, 2004 at 12:12 PM (CST)

you could find those headphones splitters for under 6 usd in your local stores. they are not particularly for ipod of course.
I agree with zip22.

Posted by frankthetank on December 3, 2004 at 1:14 PM (CST)

Very nice looking litte sucker!

Posted by wired in L.A. on December 4, 2004 at 2:12 AM (CST)

woooo.. they got a really nice model on the illustration page.. but that aint change the fact that this product is overpriced.

Posted by frankthetank on December 4, 2004 at 8:33 PM (CST)

The difference between this splitter and my 2£ version is the fact that this one can’t rotate (nice) .. but, jusing it with the remote will look strange ..

Posted by klang in Denmark on December 6, 2004 at 1:24 PM (CST)