Sharper Image offers new iPod speaker systems
Sharper Image recently added several new ZipConnect speaker systems designed for the iPod and other MP3 players. Each ZipConnect sound system comes with a universal ZipConnect module with a 3.5mm plug for connecting to the headphone jack of any iPod or other device. You can purchase a $9.95 iPod connector that lets you play and charge your iPod through the Dock Connector port.
iTower ($200; shown)
The slim tower system features four aluminum-cone speakers, a one-inch true-dome tweeter and a built-in subwoofer. It stands at 3.5’ tall.
The square speaker system has a perforated aluminum frame surrounding a center well that glows with blue LEDs. It has four aluminum-cone speakers and an auxiliary input jack.
ZipConnect CD Stereo DECO ($230)
The stackable five-piece system features a top-loading CD player (with ID3 technology that displays MP3-CD audio text tags), AM/FM radio, and an integrated amplifier with adjustable EQ and dual high-output satellite stereo speakers.
The all-in-one portable speaker system offers an AM/FM digital radio, a backlit LCD talking alarm clock and a “Sound Soother” with 20 environmental soundscapes. The iSoother has dual aluminum-cone speakers deliver, sleep timer, equalizer, subwoofer, and headphone jack.
ZipConnect 900MHz Wireless Outdoor Speakers ($170)
The speakers sport a weatherproof housing, 900MHz dual-frequency wireless transmitter (works up to 150 feet away), iPod cradle, and wireless remote control.
The iSplash is a wireless and splashproof speaker system. It also uses a 900MHz transmitter to send audio from your iPod to the speakers up to 150 feet away. It can be hung from a showerhead or curtain rod.
Beetle ZipConnect Speaker System ($130)
The mini VW Beetle convertible has hidden speakers, working headlamps and a back seat iPod stand. It also features an AM/FM digital tuner, windshield LCD, and a control panel hidden under the hood.
- Delayed BeatsX headphones to hit stores Feb. 10
- Apple releases firmware 3.5.1 update for AirPods
- Spigen AirPods Stand coming in mid-February
- New Griffin Home lineup includes app-enabled Connected Mirror, Coffee Maker, Toaster
- Kanex reveals GoPlay Sidekick wireless game controller for iOS devices, Apple TV
- AirPods coming to Apple retail stores Monday Dec. 19
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- ResearchKit study conducted using Apple Watch reveals new insights into seizures
- Instagram adds ability to include up to 10 photos or videos in a single post
- Facebook’s talks with MLB raise possibility that game streams could come to Apple TV
- Analyst claims wireless charging will be included in ‘iPhone 8,’ but rules out Energous as provider
- Apple claims EU made ‘fundamental errors’ in calculating $14B Irish tax ruling
- Analyst: ‘iPhone 8’ to feature ‘revolutionary’ front-facing camera with 3D sensors
- Apple releases third betas for iOS 10.3, tvOS 10.2, and watchOS 3.2 to developers
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Apple plans to begin iPhone manufacturing in India starting with the iPhone SE
- Rumor: iPhone 8 to eliminate Touch ID in favor of Facial Recognition
- PureGear PureSwitch HomeKit-enabled Wireless Smart Plug
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10