Shazam updated for Retina Display, adds speed improvements
Shazam has updated its music recognition apps for iOS adding Retina Display support in the iPad version and several major performance optimizations in the iPhone and iPod touch version. In addition to Retina Display support, Shazam for iPad 2.7 also adds extra exclusive and interactive content when watching TV shows and ads that display the Shazam logo on the screen. Shazam 5.0 for the iPhone and iPod touch have also been updated with significant performance improvements allowing the app to start up and perform both tagging and recognition much more quickly than in the prior version. Version 5.0 also provides instant listening on start-up, more responsive navigation and scrolling, and speed improvements in the Shazam Friends feed. iOS 5 users can now edit their tweets before posting them and the new version also provides improved LyricPlay synchronization. Shazam is available from the App Store in several versions: Shazam for the iPhone and iPod touch and Shazam for iPad are both ad-supported free downloads from the App Store with in-app purchase options to upgrade to the full versions; alternatively, users can purchase Shazam Encore ($6) or (Shazam)RED ($6) which are ad-free and provide additional features such as links to music on Spotify and Pandora.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?