Shazam updated for Retina Display, adds speed improvements
Shazam has updated its music recognition apps for iOS adding Retina Display support in the iPad version and several major performance optimizations in the iPhone and iPod touch version. In addition to Retina Display support, Shazam for iPad 2.7 also adds extra exclusive and interactive content when watching TV shows and ads that display the Shazam logo on the screen. Shazam 5.0 for the iPhone and iPod touch have also been updated with significant performance improvements allowing the app to start up and perform both tagging and recognition much more quickly than in the prior version. Version 5.0 also provides instant listening on start-up, more responsive navigation and scrolling, and speed improvements in the Shazam Friends feed. iOS 5 users can now edit their tweets before posting them and the new version also provides improved LyricPlay synchronization. Shazam is available from the App Store in several versions: Shazam for the iPhone and iPod touch and Shazam for iPad are both ad-supported free downloads from the App Store with in-app purchase options to upgrade to the full versions; alternatively, users can purchase Shazam Encore ($6) or (Shazam)RED ($6) which are ad-free and provide additional features such as links to music on Spotify and Pandora.
- An Octave Higher, Broken Age, Week Weather, Apple Store, Amazon Instant Video + more
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- OpenTV sues Apple for alleged patent infringement
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?