Shazam updated for Retina Display, adds speed improvements
Shazam has updated its music recognition apps for iOS adding Retina Display support in the iPad version and several major performance optimizations in the iPhone and iPod touch version. In addition to Retina Display support, Shazam for iPad 2.7 also adds extra exclusive and interactive content when watching TV shows and ads that display the Shazam logo on the screen. Shazam 5.0 for the iPhone and iPod touch have also been updated with significant performance improvements allowing the app to start up and perform both tagging and recognition much more quickly than in the prior version. Version 5.0 also provides instant listening on start-up, more responsive navigation and scrolling, and speed improvements in the Shazam Friends feed. iOS 5 users can now edit their tweets before posting them and the new version also provides improved LyricPlay synchronization. Shazam is available from the App Store in several versions: Shazam for the iPhone and iPod touch and Shazam for iPad are both ad-supported free downloads from the App Store with in-app purchase options to upgrade to the full versions; alternatively, users can purchase Shazam Encore ($6) or (Shazam)RED ($6) which are ad-free and provide additional features such as links to music on Spotify and Pandora.
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Cooking Dash 2016, Disney Gif, iTunes U 3.0, Swarm 2.5, + Zipcar 4.0
- Apps containing Confederate flag pulled from App Store
- Google Play Music adds free, ad-supported streaming radio
- Transistor, Adobe Hue, Mic Room, Elevate 2.0
- Apple takes App Analytics out of beta, adds new features
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Showtime’s standalone Apple TV channel arrives with free trial
- Apple redesigning third-party accessory packaging for its stores
- Apple aims to bring back Home Sharing for music in iOS 9
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?